LegacyGT.com

I dont know what part this is, help?

I have a picture, if you are standing in front of the car looking towards the windshield it would be located upper right corner'ish, it seems to be cracked or ripped. Also there is a picture of a wire coming from my power steering pump, is this grounded, and obviously that leak is a problem right? all help appreciated

partttt.jpg.a31cd9bb17b43df5a2b11f85bdbce7fe.jpg

PHOTO_20160316_171902.thumb.jpg.4efda4207b9cc6cdb65e2192a15b656f.jpg

• I Donated Too
First picture circled I think is the TGV motor. If the plastic casing is split open then the motor will become unhappy if not already... you may get some P2006, P2007, P2012 type codes down the line.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with sigma. The black plastic intake manifold sits on top of those silver tumble generator valves, which in turn sit on top of the heads porting cold side air into the motor. If it is a little black box hanging off the back of that silver tgv, then it's definitely the tgv motor housing. There's an identical one on the passenger side tgv as well. It is more visible (easier to see) on that side because it is on the front side of the tgv rather than the back (ie, the tgvs are identical, *not* mirror images of each other, so they are turned around on opposite sides of the car). It's under the intake and turbo coolant reservoir. If you can find another black box identical to that one on both sides, it's the tgv motor. In fact, you might even be able to see it in that second pic from the passenger side.

In the other pic, that yellow wire coming from underneath the exhaust manifold and running up the inside of the bay next to the power steering pump is the front O2 sensor wire. Is this the wire you are referring to? I'm not sure I see what fluid you are talking about for the second pic.

Edit: Or are you talking about the black wire at the bottom bolted to the frame? If so, that is indeed an engine ground. And is that yellow stain the fluid you're referring to? Could be PS fluid. And it does run around above that a bit. The reservoir is right next to the fender in front of the shock tower. There are lines running between that and the PS pump. Check to see if any of those is cracked and leaking. The brake line routing from the master cylinders to the various corners of the car happens right there too. Check to see if that box with the metal lines running out of it mounted on the shock tower right next to the PS reservoir. Brake line leaking would be bad.

Hmm, looking at my own engine bay this morning, I'm not so sure anymore that that black wire is engine ground. It's not running under the frame to the head. Instead, it's part of the harness coming out from the passenger side fender. However, being bolted to the frame like that means it's got to be a ground of some kind, right?

Here's the passenger side tgv with stuff out of the way to make it easy to see. The black elbow shaped cylinder thing on the right with the harness connector and a white circle printed on it is the tgv motor. Same as on drivers side except that drivers side is on the back side of the tgv where this one is on the front.

20160320_172845_resized.thumb.jpg.973981d5375c5b5d0e634490625a29d6.jpg

Archived