LegacyGT.com

Boost problem???

What's up guys enjoying the legacy gt and really getting used to her . I installed boost gauge to get much info as I can out of her. I read stock levels r 13.5 or that area but she only boost to ten sometimes I might get it to hit 12 for a second or two. I was debating buying a mbc grim speed from a buddy for a gd deal. I know the turbo was replaced about 2000 miles back was maybe wondering since I'm not getting to a consistent 12 let alone 13 maybe there's a leak or something thrw off from when the shop installed. Reputable shop that did work also. My plans was to install boost control and turn up 1-2 psi maybe 3 so I could jus hit 13 14 max and acces port soon. I treat her nice I don't push her hard at all any advice or tips when I do the install thanks guys for all the help Mike .!

I really dont think an MBC is the answer. either you need to have the car tuned properly, or you need to fix the reason its not hitting target boost. Trying to work around the issue is not solving the issue. FWIW, I hate MBCs because partial throttle driving is really a pain compared to the smoothness of the EBCs, but to each their own.

Don't worry about turning up the boost. Verify you have no boost leaks, vacuum leaks...

Then proceed with further tuning or changes. EBCS is most certainly the better way to go however at 195k, I wouldn't be worried at all about adding power, just maintenance and not needing a shortblock

Archived