LegacyGT.com

Best bc br spring rates for daily driver?

xtea

• 2 months later...
Anyone have recommendations for the best daily driver spring rates for the bc br coilovers? I will be getting the swift spring upgrade.

Any chance you've gotten them done? I'm curious to see and hear about the results.

Any chance you've gotten them done? I'm curious to see and hear about the results.

My engine blew before I had the chance. Suspension changes are probably going to have to wait a bit unless I find something cheap which means swapped lgt. My builder keeps telling me to not do coils.

• 1 month later...

I recall running 8/6 on my Sti and it was firm. I have a mate that runs the same on his Forester and it's bumpy as hell, though he thinks it's amazing.

I've driven in a 5/3 and that was a lot smoother and more "forester" like on its softest setting.

Im not convinced that I want to run coilies on the OBK. Though, if its a quick solution to lower and raise at any given time, its not so bad. The last thing I want is to compromise the OBK's road comfort.

Sure there will be slight handling performance that increases, but honestly, if you wanted a car that could actually turn, would we not have bout an STI instead?

Maybe Im the only one who feels like this....

-old age is getting to me.

• 4 weeks later...
My engine blew before I had the chance. Suspension changes are probably going to have to wait a bit unless I find something cheap which means swapped lgt. My builder keeps telling me to not do coils.

What's the debate or tradeoff with coilovers? Is it harsher ride and less DD-friendly driveability?

Just curious because I recently installed BC BRs (OB-spec) and I'm a little disappointed...ride is worse and handling is not noticeably better. Although I do need to tinker with the settings a bit...maybe it'll improve.

On that note, anyone have recommendations for the best daily driver stiffness and height settings for the BC BR coilovers?

Honestly the stock kit on the 40mm taller setup aka the outback because we've sold so many they finally made it a kit :) with stock rates has been the most popular over the years. Most people use these for daily drivers and want better handling but still want to maintain the lift.

Archived