LegacyGT.com

Quirky Bluetooth issue on 2012 Legacy

So I usually turn off my Bluetooth on my phone when I exit my car only because it starts playing songs right when i enter and its kind of annoying that's all, no biggie. Sometimes when I turn on the bluetooth on my phone, then spotify turns on automatically (usually) and the issue is sometimes it wont let me change the song using my steering wheel controls and I have to use the phone. This isnt a huge issue deal but it works id say 50% time. Is there a fix for this? Also does the vehicles bluetooth pic the most used program or maybe the last used program when it launches it automatically?

I don't like Bluetooth on my Legacy either. Piss me off every time I have a hick-up in the between. It has no trouble connect to my phone (phone has Bluetooth on 24/7) when first start the car. However, if I need to do something and the connection got disconnected, I have to go through the voice setup menus again in order to connect it. There are times, even after the car and phone made connection, there still no hands-free to car or not even play Bluetooth music.

I have no issue with the Audi and the Honda Accord. The two would connect every time even when I turn on/off the Bluetooth while driving.

**Sorry for thread jacking**

I use one of these SoundBot Bluetooth

I placed it in my coin catch and ran the cord through the cupholder piece and plugged it into the AUX and plugged the USB into the 12V Charger in the center console. Connects every time as long as bluetooth is on on my phone. Rarely it won't auto connect but it doesn't put up a fight.

http://i.picresize.com/images/2016/03/16/m18I0.jpg

I use my phone to stream music via Bluetooth. While reconnecting can be a pain if the phone disconnects for some reason, it almost never does and when it does, it's the phone's fault anyway (usually because the phone shuts off or restarts). 99% of the time, no issues.

I've never had mine disconnect, but I have had it connect and then not let me control the phone via wheel or console controls. Restart my phone whenever that happens it all is right again.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't like Bluetooth on my Legacy either. Piss me off every time I have a hick-up in the between. It has no trouble connect to my phone (phone has Bluetooth on 24/7) when first start the car. However, if I need to do something and the connection got disconnected, I have to go through the voice setup menus again in order to connect it. There are times, even after the car and phone made connection, there still no hands-free to car or not even play Bluetooth music.

I have no issue with the Audi and the Honda Accord. The two would connect every time even when I turn on/off the Bluetooth while driving.

**Sorry for thread jacking**

No its fine, it just un-paired my phone this morning :(. I might just buy an external unit since the cars system is kinda cruddy.

• 1 month later...
Update: I just got a new phone and its doing the same thing. It barely wants to pair even though it finds my cars bluetooth singnal. It will keep connecting and connecting then just stop most of the time. My trucks bluetooth is still working fine without any issues.

I just got my legacy (as in yesterday) so I have not enabled BT connectivity. I do have a Motorola Roadster 2 and I am quite happy to continue using it.

Is your car under warranty? if so, bring it to the dealer's attention, there may be a firmware update that addresses it.

Archived