LegacyGT.com

Blobeye face swap? 2005 2.5gt?

Would it be possible to do a Blobeye Impreza face swap onto a big body wagon like mine, instead of the smaller Impreza Sport wagon?

I'm also looking into getting a 2005 2.5 GT wagon, 5 speed auto, with 140k miles. Any problems I should look for in particular?

I've seen a few people swap 90s Impreza faces onto 2nd gen Legacys but I've never seen anyone do a blobeye onto a 4th gen Legacy. I'd suggest going to a junkyard or seeing if you can get both cars side by side to see if they mount up the same or at least close. I think the biggest issue is going to be getting the blobeye headlights to line up properly in the GT frame. Just guessing here.

• 1 month later...
I've seen a few people swap 90s Impreza faces onto 2nd gen Legacys but I've never seen anyone do a blobeye onto a 4th gen Legacy. I'd suggest going to a junkyard or seeing if you can get both cars side by side to see if they mount up the same or at least close. I think the biggest issue is going to be getting the blobeye headlights to line up properly in the GT frame. Just guessing here.

I wouldnt swap the blobeye onto the 4thcar gen, it would ne onto my second gen. The question concerning the 4th gen was, should i look cor tranny issues? Its a 5 speed auto. I test drove it today (holy **** its fast compared to my 2.2 single pringle) and it roasted its front brakes (locked up the whole time), had a terrible wheel wobble, (shook the steering wheel at anything above about 20 mph) and it had issues staying running. Died at 2 different stoplights.

Well just to put it into perspective. I was just looking at getting two 2005 Legacy GTs one with 170k and one with 88k. It was a group deal set at $2800 for both and I ended up walking away from them. Too many things to go wrong with higher mileage turbos in my opinion. All the issues you listed sound pretty simple to me, but it's hard to tell without being able to inspect it myself

Archived