LegacyGT.com

Should we have a 4th Gen WRX Subforum?

Should we have a 4th Gen WRX Subforum?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a 4th Gen WRX Subforum?

• Yes
    • No

As the title states, a 4th generation WRX Sub Forum would be great. A lot of forum members past and present now drive 4th Generation WRX's and the demand for online forum support for these cars is pretty high. NASIOC is a terrible forum, ClubWRX is good but it's pretty inactive and it's a mix of previous generations and some 4th gen guys.

This car is still very unique from the rest of the WRX Community that there really isn't a place that we can go for the right support and when many of us owned LGT's, this forums community was second to none. I think it would benefit all aspects of this forum, you could get some of the past members back who have enough Subaru knowledge to help LGT guys out too. I think it's an all around win :)

They are pretty closely related to 5th Gen LGTs. Same front low mount turbo layout, same 6MT tranny, etc, etc. Sure, why not expand on a good thing.

And it could ultimately benefit the 5th Gen LGT's lack of aftermarket support due to the low production numbers and rarity of our cars. We have already gotten several tasty bits that were previously not cost effective for aftermarket suppliers to develop but now have because of the existence of the 2014+FXT and 2015+WRX.

They are pretty closely related to 5th Gen LGTs. Same front low mount turbo layout, same 6MT tranny, etc, etc. Sure, why not expand on a good thing.

And it could ultimately benefit the 5th Gen LGT's lack of aftermarket support due to the low production numbers and rarity of our cars. We have already gotten several tasty bits that were previously not cost effective for aftermarket suppliers to develop but now have because of the existence of the 2014+FXT and 2015+WRX.

That's really it, but the engineering of the motor is completely different from the 5th gen. 5th gen's use a UP and DP as opposed to the Charge Pipe and J-Pipe of the WRX.

You 5th gen guys have plenty of support, just not plenty of owners :lol::lol:

That's really it, but the engineering of the motor is completely different from the 5th gen. 5th gen's use a UP and DP as opposed to the Charge Pipe and J-Pipe of the WRX.

You 5th gen guys have plenty of support, just not plenty of owners :lol::lol:

You need to learn something bro! We no have no up pipe, and we have a charge pipe. And your intercooler is the exact same OEM part number as mine. We call our J-pipe a downpipe because it wasn't ever called a J-pipe until the 2014 FXT came out. Yes, its a new generation of engine, but you have a turbo oil scavenger pump just like us. The front low mount turbo was tested and proven on the 5th Gen Legacy. You can thank us for your low end torque. Time for The JIZZA to do his homework.

Just keep talking down the pedigree of your ride, if you don't learn something quick, you gonna look like a fool.

You need to learn something bro! We no have no up pipe, and we have a charge pipe. And your intercooler is the exact same OEM part number as mine. We call our J-pipe a downpipe because it wasn't ever called a J-pipe until the 2014 FXT came out. Yes, its a new generation of engine, but you have a turbo oil scavenger pump just like us. The front low mount turbo was tested and proven on the 5th Gen Legacy. You can thank us for your low end torque. Time for The JIZZA to do his homework.

Just keep talking down the pedigree of your ride, if you don't learn something quick, you gonna look like a fool.

Can I learn from 5th gen guys about the FA20DIT and it's components? Probably not :lol:

You have the same trans, exhaust and turbo mount location (but not the same turbo), that's it.

And the early 4th Gen GT's had different uppipes, turbos and fly wheels than the later 4th Gen GT's. And I could name about a dozen other parts that are direct fitment between your car and mine without even thinking hard or including hardware items like nuts and bolts. You either want to learn or not, and either want a community experience or not.

I suggest you maybe try to get a little humble and see what you can learn from others rather than shunning others because you think you already know enough. After all, you are asking for an area on this forum for a car that is not specifically a LegacyGT like the URL says.

And the early 4th Gen GT's had different uppipes, turbos and fly wheels than the later 4th Gen GT's. You either want to learn or not, and either want a community experience or not.

I suggest you maybe try to get a little humble and see what you can learn from others rather than shunning others because you think you already know enough. After all, you are asking for an area on this forum for a car that is not specifically a LegacyGT like the URL says.

:confused: So why is there a 6th gen forum? There's no LegacyGT in the USDM Market (yet).

After all, I'm making a suggestion that will improve this forum, one that was once a very good and active forum. I also don't understand how this turned in to an argument in the first place, my initial comment of there being plenty of support for 5th gen's and not enough owners was meant to be a joke (although true). Again as a long time member here this is why the 4th gen guys make fun of 5th gen guys because they get all defensive for no reason.

:confused: So why is there a 6th gen forum? There's no LegacyGT in the USDM Market (yet).

After all, I'm making a suggestion that will improve this forum, one that was once a very good and active forum.

You can have a conversation with SBT about the 6th Gen section and ask him that, be my guest.

The 5th Gen forum is excellent. We have a real great helpful, very active and supportive community over there. Not sure what forum you're referring to that is so awful.

I never said any forum is awful, just inactive. 4th gen forums used to be excellent, but a lot of guys who were a big help have moved on to other cars, a lot of them are in 2015+ WRX's, maybe it will give them a reason to come back to the forum. The regional forums are also very inactive but that's been an issue on other forums too because of local facebook groups.

I know you're a moderator here, but I've been a member since 2009, when I was really active was from 2009-2010 when there were barely any 5th gen owners. It was around 2012 those forums fell off when most guys sold their cars. A lot of them are back in Subaru's now, like me they still love the Subaru community but don't like how the other forums I mentioned are like. So we come here.

Me a moderator? My screen name is not in red, you must be talking to DTeaser.

Contact SBT and see what his thoughts are, along with GBY. Tide is the owner of this site, but he left it up to SBT and GBY to run.

My wife's balls are delicious.

• Moderators
I never said any forum is awful, just inactive.

This forum isn't inactive.

5th gen is limited production. WAY limited production.

6th gen doesn't have a performance variant--you likely won't ever see the collective group of "car guys" gather to discuss the cars--just people who want to piss and moan on the net.

Hell, the 2nd gen forum has some great support IMO--no performance variant there, just some individuals who really know their stuff, share their knowledge, and don't feel the need to bash newcomers. When I bought my '97 impreza it turned into a great resource even tho the car isn't even a Legacy platform.

You know what makes people come here, post, and then never come back? Idiots who are immediately condescending 100% of the time towards noobs. Walk into a place, get yelled at--why would you continue to come back?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Compared to what this forum was like 5-6 years ago, it is. Even that in perspective is nothing to what this forum was like when the early 4th gens came out from what I understand. I agree with you on the flaming threads/posts, it's why I don't go on nasioc. Like I'm suggesting a 4th gen WRX Subforum would be great on here because there's a lot of us former LGT guys now driving these and don't really have a forum to call home for support. We love this site and community, but want to attract more like minded individuals.

Archived