LegacyGT.com

I am new to this subaru thing, I recently told our "car guy" to keep watch at auctions for all wheel drive subies...I ended up with a '05 XT turbo charged outback and have a new friend that has a GT and he talked about stage 2 and yada yada, SO,,,I want to play with this thing and get it to stage 2. My buddy recommended this site for answers. Any help with: what to do, who to call, what goes wrong and how much it will cost to get me a stage 2 XT...plus anything I would need to know would be much appreciated. Sorry to hear about the brothers wife. I will pray for him and his family.

Thanks man, I c&p this post and will let my buddy check it out. I would like a stage 2 OXT but dont realy know what steps to take. Im calling IP today to talk about up and downs and a tune. If you are willing to help with tips Im all ears

Welcome to the forum, if no ones told you yet, learn how to check the oil and never let it get low, always keep it topped off.

Do not let the idle to warm up, start it and drive it.

Do not only use the car for short drive's, these things need to be driven for distance.

Do you know the history of your car ? If not, keep an close eye on all fluid levels. Send in a oil sample to Blackstone Labs.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Welcome to the forum, if no ones told you yet, learn how to check the oil and never let it get low, always keep it topped off.

Do not let the idle to warm up, start it and drive it.

Do not only use the car for short drive's, these things need to be driven for distance.

Do you know the history of your car ? If not, keep an close eye on all fluid levels. Send in a oil sample to Blackstone Labs.

Definitely agree on the oil sample. Pay the $35 and get it taken care of so you have piece of mind, and not pieces on your mind.

No i don't know the history of the car, it was an auction. I know what was done to it when I got it and what was replaced. I do keep an eye on the oil and I will check about the lab. I have always heard I should warm up my car before driving it...you guys are saying that's not the case. This forum is great but it would be cool to connect with someone soon and discuss options. I am calling Mike next week to order pipes and stuff...my concern is what other "stuff" is good. I work from home so I'm always available. I guess what I'm saying is, if you were me...what would you do...you've all been here before and seem to have a grasp on priority "stuff" I have a little over a grand to work with so what could I do...and what if it were you guys

I would do the basic's, up pipe and down pipe, while the up pipe is off remove the filter from the banjo fitting on the back of the passenger side head.

I bolt the turbo to the up pipe, use the same bolts that bolt the up pipe bracket to the block, the dealer has them. replace the oil return hose from the turbo to.

Over the summer you'll want to make sure the car has the larger orange O-rings between the intake manifold and TGV's. you can see them with a good light.

Make sure the drive belts for the PS Alt and AC are in god shape too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived