LegacyGT.com

New to Subaru

Ok so I just bought a 08 LGT AT, I have been poking around the forums for a month or so now and I have a quick question that I'm sure will have a long answer.

So as I'm researching things to do to the car I fine a lot of contreversy surrounding putting a intake on a legacy. Why would putting a intake on a legacy be any different than putting one on say a wrx which Cobb actually makes a tune for? Why no tune for a intake on a GT?

Yea I have searched lol

I come from the vw world where intake, exhaust and a tune are the standard race car started kit. :)

Its the same with WRX's or any subaru . You need a tune for the intake . The Cobb one accounts for only their intake which it makes ok to run. For some strange reason the 08 AT does not have a tune for the cobb intake. You can always get a e-tune if you want to put one on. Intake almost doesn't offer much when coupled with a stock turbo besides noise.

Refer to this http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/intake-w-o-tune-164644.html

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

So best bet is a stage 2 AP with a TBE? I guess I will be returning SPT intake. Lol

Yep. If you want extra power , get a AP . From there you can get e-tuned with any intake you like.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

So best bet is a stage 2 AP with a TBE? I guess I will be returning SPT intake. Lol

honestly, the stock intake is still good at stage 2 + power, even if you upgrade to a bigger VF series turbo. The time you will consider upgrading the intake on this car is beyond any VF turbo... and at that point, you'll be looking for something >70mm anyway.

The people that put intakes on subarus with stock turbos are those who just like to hear the extra noise, or have not done enough research to know where to spend the money. The keys for good power increase per dollar is found by replacing catted up pipes (dont worry, yours is catless), and a new downpipe/TBE -- with an appropriate tune of couse.

Not to say aftermarket intakes don't have their place, but the vast majority of times "cold air intakes" let in hotter, dirtier air and result in no power increase and sometimes even lose power.

Archived