LegacyGT.com

Seat Cover Protection

Hey guys, any of you guys use any seat cover/protection for your Legacy? I love my seats way too much to leave them bare and unprotected. I want to keep the seats neat and clean as much as possible. I'm wondering if anyone came across a good cover protection for both front and back seats. :o

I definitely understand this, but what is the point of having a nice interior if you cover it up? Best way to keep it looking nice is to clean and treat it regularly.

If you are still so inclined there are plenty of custom airbag friendly seatcover options.

I 2nd the wet okole

Their expensive but lifetime warranty n good if u go to the beach n have wet shorts when u get in

Expensive yes. I'll keep it in mind but I'ma keep searching for something lower.

would you go with wet okole's to protect the back seat for a furry rider? I currently have a not so comfortable fabric. Think old canvas tent.

I don't think I'd spend Wet Okole kind of money for dog protection, simply because of the potential for claws to damage the fabric. I'd probably go with a product made specifically for that, such as this:

https://www.chewy.com/dog/solvit-waterproof-sta-put-bench-seat/dp/53695?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Solvit&utm_term=&gclid=Cj0KEQiAsP-2BRCFl4Lb2NTJttEBEiQAmj2tbd4CGIa7AYSzrF-VvWfbI607ftlbd0ux8tcwPPaCwd0aAlyB8P8HAQ

Maybe throw an old washable blanket over it for comfort, if the fabric is like your tent.

I have been looking for sometime, to find a quality cover for the front cloth seats, in my '12 Legacy Premium. I went to the Wet Okole site. Very interesting. Neoprene. Rubber? Sitting on rubber? I must be missing something. Help, please.

Thanks.

Byll

Neoprene is more like a thin foam than rubber, think wetsuit type material. I can't imagine it would be comfy or breathable in the heat. I would still recommend some kind of reputable stain guard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I have been looking for sometime, to find a quality cover for the front cloth seats, in my '12 Legacy Premium. I went to the Wet Okole site. Very interesting. Neoprene. Rubber? Sitting on rubber? I must be missing something. Help, please.

Thanks.

Byll

It's a nylon fabric laminated to a thin layer of neoprene, which is a closed cell foam. You sit on the fabric, not the rubber.

For seat covers that aren't neoprene, you might want to check out this site: http://www.seatsavers.com/

I needed something for under car seats in the back, and went with this one by Royal Oxford:

ROYAL OXFORD Luxury Car Seat Protector - Extreme Heavy Duty, Obsidian Black Leather - Bebe by Me International https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011L86UVM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_j9B5wb0FN5CWM

Haven't sat on it. Just need it to protect from wet shoes, spilled snacks, etc. Personally I don't love the style, but for the price it's not bad and it gets the job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a seat protector in my wife's car with leather seats, the protector is rubbing off on the seats and the crumbs and spills still roll right off onto the seats anyway. Maybe try a puppy pad under the seat if you are really concerned about spills.

We have a seat protector in my wife's car with leather seats, the protector is rubbing off on the seats and the crumbs and spills still roll right off onto the seats anyway. Maybe try a puppy pad under the seat if you are really concerned about spills.

Good call on the puppy pad.

FWIW I read through reviews of several protectors with similar complaints of junk rubbing off on the seats. The one linked above was the only one with none of those complaints.

End of the day, kids are kids and stuff happens, even with my leather interior I would rather enjoy it day in and day out, clean it when necessary and then replace it with something nicer when/if that time comes I already have a plan for aftermarket seat covers. They will be perforated with colored stitching and maybe two tone.

My daughter on one of her first trips in my car spilled a whole cup of pedialyte on herself her carseat and of course it went straight down into my back seat. Best I could do is wipe it down and dry it off. The foam is forever stained lol but the seat is no worse for wear.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have a recommendation for a cheaper version of the Wet Okole style seat covers? I'd love to get a airbag friendly neoprene front seat cover without dropping $250+. If they exist.

I live near the beach and sometimes get in the car wet after surfing, like this time of year when it's too cold to fully dry off outside. I normally just put down a towel, though I'm sure some salt water seeps in my leather seats through the small perforations.

Amazon search.... Can't vouch for them myself but they have great reviews!

Infina Waterproof Car Seat Cover - Durable Neoprene Protector, Pet Protection - CrossFit, Yoga, Running, Beach, Gym, Fitness, Athletes - 100% Money Back Guarantee (Gray) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PUOQRK8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_5ST9wb6CC090K

Anyone have a recommendation for a cheaper version of the Wet Okole style seat covers? I'd love to get a airbag friendly neoprene front seat cover without dropping $250+. If they exist.

I live near the beach and sometimes get in the car wet after surfing, like this time of year when it's too cold to fully dry off outside. I normally just put down a towel, though I'm sure some salt water seeps in my leather seats through the small perforations.

Seat Tees. Not neoprene, but supposedly waterproof.

Thanks y'all for the options! The infina neoprene seat cover on amazon looks pretty perfect for my needs, and seems like a great price. I have black leather seats so should blend in well. I like the idea of being able to easily roll it up and throw in the truck when I don't need it.

Archived