LegacyGT.com

Cobb tuning on 3.6R

The ecm is not supported by cobb, therefore you cannot tune with a cobb tuner straight out of the box...whether or not some evil genius could hack a cobb tuner to work with the 3.6 ecm is another story.

You are limited to the opensource tuning afaik.

Is the 3.6R able to be tuned by Cobb? I know the website doesn't have the 3.6 listed but wondering if has even been attempted?

If you haven't spend A LOT of time in this thread, please do so now. It answers pretty much any question you could ask about mods and tuning.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/official-3-6r-mod-list-219254.html

I've been through that entire thread. I'm fairly hands on but I've never done the remote tuning. I have tool to pull ECU info. However I don't know the computer logistics of setting up EcuFlash and copying files. I only asked about Cobb since I have a reputable Subaru tuner in area who tunes with Cobb. I originally intended on RomRaider and EcuFlash as Percitus and Fredirik use. Is there someone who could walk/talk/PM/text/morse code me through the process as a person who's never done this?

If you want tuning on your 3.6, talk to ed at xrt. Im in the process of etuning with him right now. He does amazing work. If you arent comfortable with the different software, he can remote into your laptop via teamviewer and walk you through everything. Its incredibly simple after you learn how the software works. Best money ive spent on the car so far.

Thanks for the links, I will give them a thorough reading and hopefully be on my way to getting a nice tune on the stock setup done. If not i'll be right back here asking questions. I will look into XRT, do you know if he does tuning on the 5EAT?

Thanks for the links, I will give them a thorough reading and hopefully be on my way to getting a nice tune on the stock setup done. If not i'll be right back here asking questions. I will look into XRT, do you know if he does tuning on the 5EAT?

Xrt has 2 5eat tuning options. Im on stage 1 and its incredible. The paddle shifters are actually functional now. Automatic holds gears longer, downshifts when you need it, and it doesnt always make its way into 5th gear when youre going 30mph. His 5eat stage 1 cost is like 175. Doooo iiiiiiit.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Archived