LegacyGT.com

Fog Light Housing Replacement/Conversion

wileycoyote0022

So few months back some jack wagon had a pallet fall off his truck at 80mph, irreversibly breaking my drivers side fog light housing (I'm lucky, I think). So looking around online I see these things going for $200-275 a pair......wtf! However the non projector lens is significantly cheaper @ $80-100 a pair. The housings look much different as well as the non projector taking what looks like 9000 series bulb. Considering that the non projector housing is perfectly round you could essentially run HID with out the projector lens and not have horrible refraction, I assume (correct me if I'm wrong).

2 questions.

1- Can I retrofit the non projector fog lights?

2- Are the non projectors any better/worse...?

You can only run HID in the projector ones. The reflector ones would just be asking for trouble. You should be able to find a single used one one on ebay for $75 or less. Subaru used the same part on some older imprezas and legacys, so expand your serch a little.

The LED optins fedaykid listed area also quite good. If you keep projectors though the stock housing is fine up to a 55w HID (using yeakly/Moromoto XB bulbs) without any glare issues. They are actually really good projectors, I've torn down a set and they have propery cast curved cutoff shields and everything.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived