LegacyGT.com

2003 Outback Wagon lighting issue

BigBlack-V

So the other day I started the car and turned on the lights. They flickered and they all shut off. The only thing that worked was one fog light and the high beams when I put them on.

I checked the fuses under the hood and the one(s) behind the coin collector and they are all fine. The only other thing besides a wiring issue I think could be a relay issue. There are 2 (20amp) fuses under the hood so maybe I will buy new ones and see if that fixes the issue.

Any thoughts?

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

i was able to fix the lights this weekend but it was odd how it played out. I checked the fuses and relays and all seemed to be working find. I checke the fog bulbs and that was fine. Turns out the fog connector was loose so when I tightened it that bulb worked. The low beams I check the bulbs and the filament looked fine on both. I had a spare H1 laying around and plugged it in and said what the hell why not and sure as shit it worked.

I bought two new H1 bulbs and they both work now. Something must have happened to the bulbs that I couldnt see. Good thing it only cost me $26 to fix as I was thinking it was either the DRL module or the stick on the inside of the car.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Archived