LegacyGT.com

Finally Stage 2

I have to concur with others about getting a customized tune (E or dyno) for your Stage 2 with JMP turbo. I have a similar set up to yours:

-Cobb UP

-Cobb Catted DP

-JMP Rebuilt VF40

-Grimspeed TMIC-came later

-Cobb EBCS-came later

-DW65c - came later

I was on the stock Cobb stg 2 tune for awhile. It was of course a bump over stage 1, but still suffered some of those nagging stumbles that all the stock tunes have.

I got an e-tune and it feels much much better both in terms of power and smoothness. It is a conservative tune (Max 17) but comes on much sooner and smoother than with the Cobb OTS.

For my personal experience, if you are nearby a reputable tuner, than I would suggest the dyno over the E-tune. This is from the perspective of a limited DIY, grandma-like driving daily driver. I ran into some common issues, like popping a boost line off during a pull that caused me some permanent mental damage. I also found it very difficult to find a safe, straight, flat, wide, free of police and anyone else road location for pulls.

That is just me though.

What gauges would you recommend i keep open on accessport? over health of engine... Thanks still getting familiar with all the lingo as im new to cars in genera...

TheMonaLisa posted a good reference, here is another good Cobb article:

https://cobbtuning.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200025134-How-to-Datalog

"Our top 5 monitor list consists of; A/F Learning 1, Boost, DAM, Fine Knock Learning, and Feedback Knock Correction. There are many other parameters to log though, and with experience they can be useful to help diagnose tuning and mechanical issues on the vehicle. But with a quick glance and little knowledge, these 5 monitors can give you a good idea of your vehicle's health and performance."

Also, don't get too caught up in numbers... whether its boost or whp.. it doesnt matter. you want a good running engine and sometimes more boost doesnt automatically mean more power. that's why its important to have a good tuner that will set up the car to run safely in all conditions - that way you can focus on just driving (enjoying) the car.

Archived