LegacyGT.com

OEM fog light installation

HiPowerShooter

Hi all....

I'm new to the "Legacy" community. I recently purchased a nice 09. Has almost everything I wanted, however no fog lights. My two OBW's have them, and I'd like to install OEM's.

My question is this: How difficult would it be to install them, and is the wiring already in place or will it basically be a complete install?

Oh...will I be able to operate them via the stalk?

Thanks in advance!

How are they attached? None of the kits I see have brackets. Do they bolt directly to the bumper?

I've found full kits (lights, relay, switch and shrouds) for $325 on ebay, or just the light itself for 75 each....

Yes brackets are already part of the bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet, now I gotta decide if I a)buy the fog light assemblies separate...along with the bezels and do my own switch, relay and wiring (saves me $50) or just spend the extra $50...so total of $325 and get the fog lights, relay, OE switch and bezels....lol

Choice a let's me wire up completely independently of headlights.

Choice b forces me to accept that the fogs won't come on till I turn the low beams on and they will then off when I use the high beams.

I could feed switched 12v to the fogs [by using an add a circuit] and turn them on at will, like I did with my acura tl.......[but turn off when ignition is in the lock position]

Archived