LegacyGT.com

Blacked out interior

Has anyone blacked out the interior of their 5ths? I did my old impreza, dipped the pillars, those looked great, then I paintes the headliner and visors and those looked terrible.. And learned I need to wrap the liner with a black cloth. But no solution to the visors.

Now I'm planning on doing this to my fifth gen. But I'd like to see if anyone else has it done and see how it looks.

And is there a trim of our car that has black sun visors? Or a cross model visor fit?

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure there was a black interior on some exterior colors, that would be a lot of work to get it all changed over. That said, I would love a black interior but I have seen one in a 5th gen and it looks cheaper than the ivory color IMO.

The black interior has beige pillar trim, headliner and visors.

Yep, I have the black interior with aluminum trim. And yes beige headliner and pillars and visors. Those are what I want black.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Well that sucks, just looked through cars101 the forester is the same way. The brz has a black headliner, so the visors must be black too. Hit up Gteaser maybe he can compare the two for size and fit. The headliner should be easy enough to get done at an upholstery shop.

Looks like the STI does as well,one of them i bound to fit.

Well that sucks, just looked through cars101 the forester is the same way. The brz has a black headliner, so the visors must be black too. Hit up Gteaser maybe he can compare the two for size and fit. The headliner should be easy enough to get done at an upholstery shop.

Looks like the STI does as well,one of them i bound to fit.

Yep, that's all I really need is the visors! I'll do some google research and hit up gteaser

Years ago I used black vinyl/plastic/fabric paint on my old 240z that had a white interior. It held up pretty good for many years. You could always get a few pillar trim pieces from a wrecked 5th Gen and try it out. I would do the pillar trims with it, and maybe the visors, but I would have an upholstery shop actually cover the headliner. Isn't the sunroof trim beige?

This is actually on my plans to do hopefully end of this year or beginning or next year. I have a friend who opened up a shop with his father in law doing car upholstery. I'm hoping they could make it happen, just need the fundage.

Archived