LegacyGT.com

02 legacy loosing power up hill with random reving and p420

Having issues with my 02 legacy when the 420 code came I thought originally that's why I had the random reving thinking the cat was clogged so I bought a walker cat and 2 walker 02 sensors replaced it all code went away for about a tank of gas (300 miles ish) code came back random reving still when I go up hills (car is a 5 spd) asked Subaru to look into somethings about the reving and code said reving was my clutch and code ment I needed a new cat so besides my dealer having some handicapped techs with the p0420 code any ideas or suggestions for me to look at or try for the reving or code? I've done plugs fuel filter cat o2s and air filter also cleaned butterfly in intake I'd like this car to stop costing me so much money :(

02 sensor or cat, better hope it is a sensor... and do NOT waste your time with aftermarket parts OEM only in this case for sensors

P0420 - Catalyst System; Bank 1: Efficiency Below Threshold

as for the reving up and down, clean your throttle body and verify proper Throttle Position Sensor operation... if it is not operating correctly, clean it or replace it.

...and do NOT waste your time with aftermarket parts OEM only in this case for sensors......

Not true.

Denso / Bosch would be fine they have been oem suppliers at one time or another.

Bosch BTW is the originator of O2 sensors.

Just don't get the universal types, but the ones with the correct plug.

O.

So 2 people have told me including the dealer that my.clutch is the reason I'm random reving up hill in going to try a tps since I noticed the white paint on mine randomly moved after taking it to the dealer for a oil pump and I also didn't break in my cat properly so its possible that the brick moved too close to my sensor but all said parts are under warranty so I'm going to re replace the cat and both 02s and try and get a throttle position sensor is there any way to clean those or are they like magnets?

And I have the torque app for my phone would the throttle data be able to be found in there sorry I'm taking long to get back been fighting with the Subaru dealer about there recent work enough to warrant me calling Subaru usa

They are saying your clutch is slipping? You can test for a slipping clutch simply by driving on a level road around 30 mph in 4th gear, floor it and hold it down while the car slowly accelerates. If the clutch is slipping, it will be pretty obvious.

Archived