LegacyGT.com

b9 Tribeca / Consumer Reports

The reviews of the new Tribeca in the current issue of Consumer Reports seems average at best. While it had some good things to say one major drawback is that they say the engine performance was weak and that the transmission often was slow to downshift and hunted for the correct gear at times. They also felt the second row sears were cramped and the third row seats should be reserved for smaller children. Not surprising on a SUV based on the Legacy / Outback platform. The rear seats in my Legacy are cramped, I'd hate to think of fitting a third row in there.

It's sad when any 250 HP engine is configured in such a manner that it has a hard time keeping up with a midsize SUV.

I believe it was rated #19 out of 29 models. Not what you'd expect from Subaru.

I believe it was rated #19 out of 29 models. Not what you'd expect from Subaru.

Actually, that's exactly what I would expect from Subaru. Aside from their recent (at least to USDM) turbo models and their always impressive AWD system, they've always been "mid-pack" in terms of overall performance.

They also happen to be arriving extremely late to the "mid-size crossover SUV" party. That's currently a very competitive market segment.

Looks to me like they're falling back on old habits :(

I'm sure the styling isn't earning it any points either...

Archived