LegacyGT.com

Intake Manifold Swap

kcin0a1t

Hey guys! I've been looking into swapping my stock intake manifold for my 2008 LGT for the stock STi manifold and was wondering if anyone had done/heard of anyone doing this. Also if anyone has insight as to if it's feasible or not. If so I know I need to also swap a compatible throttle body as well as the turbo but I'm curious as to if I would also néed to swap the exhaust manifold/exhaust system or the up pipe? Any recommendations would be appreciated, thanks guys!

-Nick

If swapping to the sti manifold is for performance then it really isn't worth the headache. The stock plastic intake works perfectly fine and also doesn't heat soak as easily as aluminum.

You also will have issues with the factory intercooler. It will not work with the sti manifold. You may also have issue with the TGV valve's as well.

Well I figured the sti manifold would increase flow, at least a bit and also I wanted a larger tmic, i was hesitant on going fmic because I havnt found a kit comparable to this swap price wise at least. But if there is a fmic kit for less than a grand Id probably just go that route

Gex did it. http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5303634&postcount=78 That his post where he complains about it. I personally don't see it being worth the trouble gone through.

If you want a big intercooler I have a Grimmspeed one I just put on my car and the core is absolutely massive. So far driving around it has been very nice and boost still comes on pretty quickly with it.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Archived