LegacyGT.com

2006 Navigation?

i got a brochure for the '06 Legacy while at the dealer picking up a reserve of engine cover pop-it clips :lol:, and the picture of the Nav looks pretty craptastic. the text for the street names looks very hard to read.

does it even have a 3D view?

attachment.php?attachmentid=8962

i'm thinking i did much bettAr with my $450 Garmin unit over the $2000 factory Nav (although i don't get a sweet-ass calculator, and a graphical representation of throttle postion. :rolleyes::lol:

• 4 weeks later...
I have navi in my LGT 2006. No problem whatsoever with reading streets (you can change scale from 1/8 mile to 1 mile), there's 3D present. It's no super-wonder but it works OK. And looks goooooood

Sorry for the lengthy bump, but how is the quality of the unit? Meaning, what's the units accuracy regarding directions, road locations, etc? Is it annoying to use or fairly user friendly? (An important thing when driving as far as I'm concerned).

My father just bought an Acura TL with NAV, and it's pretty easy to use. Just wondering if anyone here with an '06 w/ NAV has also used the Acura unit and could compare. Thanks.

I have both the Top of the line Garmin for my WRX and Nav in my Spec b, the Nav in the spec b is far more sophisticated and more accurate. Plus, I didnt lose the signal when going though tunnels in D.C. but with the Garmin I did... So craptastic- I think not..... Fantastic, oh yea.....

tHe HoV

I have both the Top of the line Garmin for my WRX and Nav in my Spec b, the Nav in the spec b is far more sophisticated and more accurate. Plus, I didnt lose the signal when going though tunnels in D.C. but with the Garmin I did... So craptastic- I think not..... Fantastic, oh yea.....

Which Garmin unit do you have? Even if it is a top of the line unit, ie StreetPilot 2xxx, the newer midrange units may outperform it. They seem to be updating with improved units almost yearly, with the midrange being the most recently updated.

I played with the NAV in a Tribeca a couple of weekends ago. I'm assuming the Legacy NAV is the same unit. Graphics and display needed significant improvement - resolution was low and images were not sharp. Maps were several years out of date for the area of the test drive. Not a terrible unit, but a couple of generations behind state of the art.

By the way, you do lose signal in the tunnel with both units. You just have another speed signal available from the vehicle and it uses dead reckoning to keep up until it can get satellite coverage again. That's just a difference between a removable and a fixed GPS. If you were to stop in the tunnel, turn the car off and back on, both systems would be hosed without their initial satellite fix.

i got a brochure for the '06 Legacy while at the dealer picking up a reserve of engine cover pop-it clips :lol:, and the picture of the Nav looks pretty craptastic. the text for the street names looks very hard to read.

does it even have a 3D view?

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8962

i'm thinking i did much bettAr with my $450 Garmin unit over the $2000 factory Nav (although i don't get a sweet-ass calculator, and a graphical representation of throttle postion. :rolleyes::lol:

HEY, stop stealing my words,http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20947, LOL. J/K my man. I agree, looks pretty weak to me.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

The display looks the same as the aftermarket Kenwood PNAV 815 I installed in my wife's Outback. At least in hers I can play DVDs and it has a bigger screen too.

I use a Garmin c330 in my Legacy GT. It even worked in Puerto Rico when I took it there a couple of months ago.

If the factory installed unit works anything like my wife's Kenwood unit, it should be OK. I prefer the bird's eye view over a 3-D view, even if it is capable of doing it.;)

Archived