LegacyGT.com

Sound System

Hey Guys what do you run for a Radio and Speakers within your cars? I'm looking to upgrade and want something quite nice. Might take a while to acquire them but what brands and Models do you recommend for radio and Speakers? thanks!

I stick to Kenwood for Headunits and Speakers.

I use Kenwood KDC-X599. Fits in the trim with out any modification and comes with every thing I want. CD player, USB, aux and HD radio. Paid 100$

For speakers I have Kenwood KFC1694PS. They sounds great and fit great. When the window is down it doesn't touch at all. paid 42$ a pair.

Total cost for the headunit and 2 pairs of speakers 180-200$ depending on where you buy it.

I didn't do the tweeters because there were in good shape and working fine.

Sounds better than my friends stock Bose system in his g35

Thanks RumbleRumble! Question. IF I were to go for tweeters what would you recommend? AND also. Where the tweeters are located, I feel that the rubber has worn down. When I drive on the freeway I hear air blowing through on both sides. Anyone know how to fix that? What part would I need to replace?

The tweeters are on the doors, the triangle things up top by the windows.

The wind nose it the rubber seals around the door and the where the window comes through the rubber on the tweeter yours is either worn or ripped.

I never fixed mine cause I got a exhaust and sound system.

I recommend staying with in the same brand and models for sound systems.

i have kickers in the doors and rear deck tweeters are stock 2 oooooooolllllllddddd pheonix gold 12s and a kenwood 10 and my head unit is pioneer. the subs are the only ones with an amp and its only 1000w. i think it sounds pretty good and even without the other speakers amped the highs keep up with the bass. it is a good idea to stick with all the same brand because the sound quality is usually better. along with kicker some other brands i prefer is alpine and rockford fosgate, they all have relitively low priced options and good sound quality. it all depends on what your trying to do.

Well I'm just looking for something much better than stock that will block out noise from outside as well. If that makes much sense. Anyone know what part number the rubber triangle is? I just want to have a quiet ride with some good sound bumping for my passengers. And a much more updated radio. I think i'll take Rumble's advice and just go full Kenwood. Is there another model that goes beyond what you have Rumble? Or do you think this is sufficient if i fix the rubber molding on the tweeters?

Archived