LegacyGT.com

Anyone really like their cargo net? Why do you like it?

I was also going to ask about this, I'm thinking of getting the cargo nets from subie along with the cargo organizer for the rest of everything sliding around in my trunk. Anyone else have these and can vouch?

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

I have the OEM cargo nets. I upgraded two of the mounting points to make them stronger but one of the ones I didn't upgrade pulled out. When they're working they're great but small. I keep car cleaning supplies in one side and some random cold weather gear (hats/gloves) in the other. You can fit a gallon of milk behind them securely.

I use this a lot for holding my groceries.

http://www.rubbermaid.com/en-US/double-cargo-organizer

My favorite feature is the fact it has Velcro on the bottom so it sticks to the carpet in the trunk and won't slide around (even when empty).

Thanks, Zee. CAre to share a photo or link?

Np man, here's what I got: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E7YP7I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage]Amazon.com: Rola 59000 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Interior Organizer (25" x 15"): Automotive[/ame]

I also always have a quart of oil, jumper cables, and a socket set in the organizer which likely weighs it down enough to stop it from sliding

I have the two little corner ones as well, they're pretty handy. Big enough to keep a quart of oil in one and jumper cables in the other, but not big enough to carry a whole bunch of useless crap like I had in my old car (the Haynes manual lived in the trunk, for whatever reason...). I usually have a 12v compressor behind one side, and I can stuff a good handful of disc golf discs behind the other.

I used my cargo net from my old Lexus IS300 for the first few months I owned my LGT. It stretched across the trunk opening in a really inconvenient way. The shape of the trunk opening combined with the angle that the trunk opens made it seam impossible to get anything in or out without snagging on the net. I would avoid that style for sure... I can see why Subaru didn't offer an oem net of that style.

I currently have most of my "kit" stored in the foam tray that sits on top of the spare tire, with my emergency clothes and soft stuff in a duffel bag that doesn't make any noise if it slides around a little.

Archived