LegacyGT.com

Warranty issue

svxak47

So last may I bought a used 2005 Legacy GT Sedan manual with approx 72k on it. The dealership offered a standard "powertrain" warranty with the purchase of any used car. They also offered a unlimited warranty for $2500 over purchase price which I was told at the time would cover "everything" by the sales manager which I bought.

I made a appointment for Jan 22 2016 to look into a slipping clutch and also emailed them that I would need a loaner car while repairs are done. Today I get a phone call saying that a clutch, flywheel, related parts and labor are not included. This was a "warranty solutions" offered by the dealership and I only received 1 sheet of paper regarding the unlimited plan and what was covered by the sales manager.

Should I push the issue with the sales manager to fix this since I received no definitive list of what wasnt covered and suckered out of a extra $2500?

Whats odd about it is I asked specifically what would be covered and this was one of the items....he said everything was covered. I bought this as they included a standard powertrain warranty with the purchase of the vehicle. From what I now know about "warranty solutions" Id been better off putting the 2500 in the bank:mad:

Oh and this is their lifetime warranty also

Google "bait and switch"

sorry bud

Lol I know they called this morning confirming my appointment and starting rambling off dollar amounts $600 for flywheel, 400 for clutch and parts, 600 for labor and I was like whoa hold up. We'll see on other things that break. Ill probably buy a single mass clutch kit and do it myself for that kind of money.

Yep, you got had.

I just bought a couch online and the salesman was pushing this "Guardian" protection plan - 5 years of coverage for rips, spills, stains, anything! Sure buddy, sounds great, let me see the full paperwork I said. They have been looking for that for a few weeks now lol.

And no, it's not a shady online store, and that's the same warranty they push in various brick and mortar stores. Point is, salesmen get commission for selling warranties they've never read the text of. Never pay for anything that is contract based without first reading the contract.

Archived