LegacyGT.com

My boring DD "build"

I sure did! Got everything torqued this morning, flashed stage 2, and drove away. The instant torque is super nice.

Glad everything worked out for you man! I texted Tris on Saturday ,and he said you guys were having a Bitch of a time getting the up pipe out.

I sure do miss that "Instant Torque" Though :)

• 4 months later...

Good lord I've neglected this!

After I got the turbo installed, I had a boost leak at the TB coupler that I got fixed at PIA. While working on it they noticed my upper radiator hose was starting to go and that my driver's side inner cv boot was tearing. I fixed the radiator hose 2 days later (was discovered on a Saturday and had to wait to find the part locally) while refusing to drive it. Ever since then, I was stockpiling parts for a brake swap.

As of this weekend, I got my StopTech rotors and lines installed, with Hawk pads and also got that cv boot fixed. All that's left for me to do now is wheels/tires (waiting til next summer unless I find a sweet deal), an axle back, tints (probably 35% all the way around) and a dyno tune. Then I'm going to call it "done".

Speaking of axle backs, my plan is to fit Audi B7 RS4 tips to some muffler. Any recommendations? Keeping the resonator and midpipe stock most likely. I'd get a nameless 5", but I really like the oval tips from the Audi. +1 for any shops in the greater Seattle area that can do the job.

• 6 months later...

21a48b803bafb91fce4cb1d05ec7b128.jpg

Got some new shoes today, ushering in the warmer months. All I've got left to do (cosmetically) is a jdm bumper and the jdm headlights I need to find time to install. I'm getting my 120k mile service done on Saturday (and maybe even a wash) and doing my first track day in the legacy on the 22nd to get my novice license.

Meanwhile, I've been quietly putting away money the entire time I've owned the LGT and this August/September I'm doing my rebuild. I'll be discussing it with the guys at PIA on Saturday while I wait for my 120k service to complete.

Autocityimports.com if I remember correctly. It shows as fitting the LGT but I did some light modification to have it fit the way it does. I'm a measure twice (minimum) cut once type of guy.

Heat gun to get it flat

Drilled holes in the bumper instead of using existing holes

Nuts and bolts rather than self tapping or wood screws

I'm still not 100% happy with it, but it gets lots of compliments. Go figure. I think if I get some side skirts or spats I'll like it more.

I've been super on top of my maintenance so all I needed was transmission/diff fluid and an oil change. My passenger side axle boot finally let go as well.

Normally, the 120k service is all fluids (coolant, oil, transmission, diff, brake), spark plugs, brakes, and hoses. Figure it'll probably be an all day job, so count on about $1k at PIA if everything goes smoothly. I got out for significantly less since I had most of it done already.

21a48b803bafb91fce4cb1d05ec7b128.jpg

Got some new shoes today, ushering in the warmer months. All I've got left to do (cosmetically) is a jdm bumper and the jdm headlights I need to find time to install. I'm getting my 120k mile service done on Saturday (and maybe even a wash) and doing my first track day in the legacy on the 22nd to get my novice license.

Meanwhile, I've been quietly putting away money the entire time I've owned the LGT and this August/September I'm doing my rebuild. I'll be discussing it with the guys at PIA on Saturday while I wait for my 120k service to complete.

What wheels are those? They look nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e96c20e6d98bf8bdef7928b8825a6fe1.jpg7d7866b385cf30596e6df8dc7e121fac.jpgc68b40beb1ee82ee1d09712cc2cb9cf3.jpg5cbdea400096e1c357348b4b4aaba60b.jpg

When you keep up with ALL of your maintenance, this is what you get to do. I ran 4 25 minute sessions and the LGT didn't skip a beat. It didn't even lose a drop of oil (measured before each session).

I managed to get my brakes pretty darn hot and even got ABS to kick on twice today on the last 2 laps of my 2nd to last session. I finally understand why someone would want to run slicks and a BBK (still not for me).

It was a lot of fun and it's taking everything I have to not go down the "let's race an LGT" path. In the wet, the only car/driver combo faster was the Dinan M3 that was there that day. Pro E46 looks like a good way to not turn the LGT into a track car, especially after seeing what one can do

• 4 months later...
I really like your build, and am slowly moving that way. H&Rs and Konis are here, I'm just looking vf52 eventually and a rear sway and I'll be pretty much done. How do you like the spring strut combo? The drop looks great (completely reasonable for a DD).

Brought to you by Pfizer

Archived