LegacyGT.com

Ford building the Legacy STi we always wanted.

The Legacy STi I always wanted has five doors...
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

The Ecoboost engines really are no joke. I've got one in my Ford Flex. It's nearly 5000 lbs and it's got some giddy-up. The awd on the other hand is a joke. 100% front wheel drive until slippage. Good enough to keep me out of trouble on snowy roads, but in no way is it performance awd. Also, the engine in my Flex is mounted transversally and there is quite a bit of noticeable torque steer on hard acceleration. It's longitudanal in the F150 because of the longer drivetrain and RWD (and maybe even in the Mustang ... not sure about that one), but I'll bet it's gonna be sideways in the Fusion with the same torque-steering, FWD bias.

So basically it's a Ford Taurus SHO

Yep. Slightly (though probably not much) lighter. The SHO does not suck though.

The SHO is an overweight pig on older architecture. The Fusion rides on the newer CD4 platform. It'll probably weigh around 3850lbs, which is still 600lbs lighter than the Taurus SHO.

And 350 lbs heavier than my LGT wagon. ;)

Maybe Ford will headhunt some of those GM engineers that are putting their lineups on a diet. The Caddy CT6 is supposed to weigh under 3700lbs and is the size of a 7 Series. That's crazy!

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a15428/2016-cadillac-ct6-aluminum-castings/

The Legacy STi I always wanted has five doors...

350 ft-lbs. with a 6MT, a wagon body, and enough luxury/convenience accouterments to keep the lady happy.

That's probably the next Subaru I buy or build. Hopefully a 6MT turbo Levorg will make it to the states. Ideally, a 6MT Levorg STi/Spec.B.

And yet even with AWD and a twin turbo v6 the Taurus loses it's value almost overnight. I was at a lot a little while back and couldn't believe these were 2013 SHOs they had listed for 20k with 60-80k on them. Weren't these 40k cars? I have also heard a lot of misfire/engine complaints regarding the ecoboost in the f150s especially. Also the fact that they don't get the mpg they claim to get but what truck really does. They all like to advertise their regular cab 2x4 models and everyone seems confused when their supercab 4x4 can't hit more than 20mpg freeway.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived