HansGT

IIRC...there isn't much to it. $1,000 less than the regular WRX

manual climate control

RS front seats with active head rests

foglight covers

polyurethane shift knob and emergency brake handle

single cd player

no rear cupholders.

basically a slightly de-contented wrx...seems as if it is trying to be a price point car

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@#$# i just posted what the #*%$ TR is...

IIRC...there isn't much to it. $1,000 less than the regular WRX

manual climate control

RS front seats with active head rests

foglight covers

polyurethane shift knob and emergency brake handle

single cd player

no rear cupholders.

basically a slightly de-contented wrx...seems as if it is trying to be a price point car

It's barely what i would call "stripped down"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I guess "tuner ready" means it HAS to have a radio.. :p I rather strip that "TR" down some more..

If anything, it shouldn't be "tuner ready".. it should be "Race Ready"..or "Time Trials Ready".. but when people see something like "TT-R" on the back of a car, I am sure someone will think it's a "Twin Turbo" Race spec.

Keefe

And boy, is it ever tuner READY !!!

Someone on Nabisco has already pretty darned extensively modified one of these - original post was dated Sept. 20th, I believe..... :eek:

As of Sept. 23, this particular owner had already installed in his TR-model '06 WRX:

-HnR coilovers

-SS brake lines

-HKS header

-Blitz FMIC

-AEM cold air

-UDP

-de-catted STi turbo back (for now)

On-order at the time was a GT35R, currently reportedly at 235-245 wHP.

Frankly, I'm surprised that it came with a radio as well, as that's certainly something that most "tuners" would chuck, right-away.

To me, this particular model is just a different trim level, nothing special. But heck, even $1K off can net some decent aftermarket parts, and might be worth the trade for some.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your interest in a Legacy TR. At this time, there are no

plans to offer a Legacy TR. I will forward your message to our Product

Planning Department as a suggestion to offer a Legacy TR model in the

future. In the past, input from our customers has been helpful in

initiating changes to our newer models. We hope to continually improve our

products and appreciate your recommendation for a Legacy TR.

Thanks again for your time and comments. If you need any future assistance,

please let us know!

Best wishes,

John J. Mergen

Subaru of America, Inc.

Thank you for your interest in a Legacy TR. At this time, there are no

plans to offer a Legacy TR. I will forward your message to our Product

Planning Department as a suggestion to offer a Legacy TR model in the

future. In the past, input from our customers has been helpful in

initiating changes to our newer models. We hope to continually improve our

products and appreciate your recommendation for a Legacy TR.

Thanks again for your time and comments. If you need any future assistance,

please let us know!

Best wishes,

John J. Mergen

Subaru of America, Inc.

That my friends would be SOA's typical big kiss-off.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

October Subiesport talks about the 06 WRX line up including the TR. According the them, its for those who are going to tear out or replace everything anyways, so why pay for stuff you aren't going to use? Basically those who are going to turn them into tuner cars, or race cars, or are just cheap.

Tuner-Ready = don't bother with a warranty, we'll assume you'll mod it :dm: So it comes with the warranty already voided for your convenience.

I keeed, I keeed! :lol::lol::lol:

:):):) You promote performance/ mods then look to void the warrenty.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=103534

VEHICLE REVIEWS

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR

ANDREW LUU

Published Date: 11/14/05

On Sale: Now

Base Price: $24,620

Powertrain: 2.5-liter, 230-hp, 235-lb-ft turbocharged H4; awd, five-speed manual

Curb Weight: 3192 lbs

0 to 62 mph: 5.8 seconds (mfr.)

Fuel Mileage (EPA Combined): 22.31 mpg

The first thing we noticed about the new Subaru Impreza WRX TR is the stingy-looking stereo. So basic is its operation and visual appeal that using the system brought flashbacks ofloading five-inch floppies into a Commodore 64 computer. The four speakers don’t help much in enhancing its 80 watts of sound-amplifying power either.

To that we say, “Good job, Subaru.” No, seriously, we mean it. That’s exactly how this audio system should feel.

The TR in this WRX’s designation stands for “Tuner Ready.” Since many WRX owners start customizing their cars the second they drive off the lot, Subaru decided to spec out a model just for them.

Why force a customer to pay for the six-disc audio system in the regular WRX when that standard unit will get swapped out for one with a TV screen shod with amplifiers, high-watt speakers and subwoofers?

That is the philosophy that inspired the TR. There is a non-leather steering wheel in case you have a Momo in mind, along with regular seats and unpainted side mirrors ready to be swapped for Sparco racing buckets and narrow WRC-style mirrors. The car is devoid of side skirts, fog lights and a spoiler, because what custom Impreza is complete without a body kit? The TR also forgoes an automatic climate control system.

Unlike the first stripped-down Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution RS in 2004, the TR leaves you with such basic amenities as air conditioning, power windows, mirrors and locks, and even cruise control.

All 2006 upgrades are in full effect under the hood. The new, bigger-displacement 2.5-liter turbo*charged I4 with 230 hp provides ample thrust and more daily livability thanks to itsnewfound torque, up to 235 lb-ft from 217 lb-ft.

We think Subaru could further slash the price of this WRX by making the standard 17-inch sport wheels optional, since getting rid of factory wheels is usually the first thing a tuner will do.

With a base price of $24,620 (including $625 destination), the TR will save you $1,000 off the regular WRX sedan. That may not seem like much considering what go-fast, look-fast parts can cost. But for many tuners, some of whom work two jobs to pay for their cars, a penny saved is a penny earned.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=103534

VEHICLE REVIEWS

ANDREW LUU

Published Date: 11/14/05

All 2006 upgrades are in full effect under the hood. The new, bigger-displacement 2.5-liter turbo*charged I4 with 230 hp provides ample thrust and more daily livability thanks to itsnewfound torque, up to 235 lb-ft from 217 lb-ft.

Pardon my ignorance, but an I4? Does Subaru make inline engines?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived