LegacyGT.com

I did the ball joint on the passenger side last year so I can at least remove half of it. I'm not too worried about it. Just emailed Raxles, thanks!

you do not need to remove any ball joints to do this, or mess with any of the alighnment stuff, you don't even need to take your wheels off if you can get through to the hub to the nut on the axel

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f105/t128163-diy-clutch-replacement-pictorial.html

this guy is doing his clutch so a lot of the info you dont need. just read it until he removes his cv axels.

just take 4 bolts off your tranny subframe and use your tire jack to move it to the side to take out the axel and install the new.

you do not need to remove any ball joints to do this, or mess with any of the alighnment stuff, you don't even need to take your wheels off if you can get through to the hub to the nut on the axel

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f105/t128163-diy-clutch-replacement-pictorial.html

this guy is doing his clutch so a lot of the info you dont need. just read it until he removes his cv axels.

just take 4 bolts off your tranny subframe and use your tire jack to move it to the side to take out the axel and install the new.

Thanks, I wasn't implying I would take the BJ out, but I had to remove the entire knuckle recently because I snapped the pinch bolt to the ball joint, so it is familiar to me. All the bolts were freshly removed and shouldn't be frozen. I was going to go the strut removal method, but I will check out the tranny subframe method, thanks!

My recommendation would be to rebuild/reboot the axle. That is actually what i am planning on doing this week myself. It's actually pretty easy I have done one already to my sister's car. The boots are cheep on rock auto, go with Beck-Arney. Also check out this article, its a good read.

https://allwheeldriveauto.com/seattle-subaru-cv-boots-and-axle-problems-explained/

I have read that article, I talked about rebuilding mine, but I cannot have my car down that long, I know it would be very simple but, I have that cash to get Raxels Axels so I did. If you have the time do it, but I am not going to mess with repacking axels. Plus they use Amsoil Synthetic grease :eek:, which is all I use. The price was not bad IMO. Others will hate and say it was to much. Maybe for there pockets but mine did not blink. :lol:

I have read that article, I talked about rebuilding mine, but I cannot have my car down that long, I know it would be very simple but, I have that cash to get Raxels Axels so I did. If you have the time do it, but I am not going to mess with repacking axels. Plus they use Amsoil Synthetic grease :eek:, which is all I use. The price was not bad IMO. Others will hate and say it was to much. Maybe for there pockets but mine did not blink. :lol:

I used Raxles on my old Infiniti. I was very happy with them and would buy them again. The knock cheaper autozone axles was that they only lasted a couple years, so you were constantly doing them. I don't know how aftermarket Subaru axles parts hold up.

How much were the Raxles axles?

bout 460, it was either that or Subaru one's. I went the cheaper route :lol:, which are better IMO. The way marty makes them, the parts used, and the grease used, along with the boots which seem like a bullet will not penetrate them lol.

Archived