LegacyGT.com

2000 outback Q's

Hey guys, i got a few questions.. My gf wants me to turbo the outback, she doesnt care about how much its gonna cost and all that, she loves it too much.. So ive been looking at getting a forrester gt motor, id prefer to keep it a 2.5 litre which is why im looking at forester.. Theres a local parts importer that has lots of subaru turbo motors so finding one isnt an issue.. Iv been searching but i couldnt find whether the legacy exhaust would fit the outback? Even if its just a catback system..

Also will legacy suspension fit the outback? Its too high for my liking

Cheers

• Mega Users
That's a totally cost effective way to do things. Makes way more sense to spend $7k on an engine swap for a $3k car than to buy an xt. To translate your post into reality, "I have this slow pos car and terrible credit/no money to buy a decently fast car, how can I make it fast for like $100?"

wait so you live in Australia, where you have access to a lot more turbo subaru's than 95% of this forum that lives in America. Why don't you find a late 90's Legacy GTB Wagon? Probably the most badass subaru of that generation.

that is probably a better and more cost effective option rather than swapping a turbo motor and drive train in to a non turbo car. Subaru's are not very swap friendly to go from non turbo to turbo. If you can buy a late 90's GTB or STI for under 10 grand and put a few grand in to upgrading it and getting it working right for being a 15+ year old car, do that.

• Mega Users
I gave you the real answer already. If you want people to tell you a bunch of bullshit that makes you feel better about this terrible idea of yours, then head over to subaruoutback.org. They'll tell you how great of an idea this is.

This right here is from a local Deli, it is Roasted Duck, Sloppy Joe Slaw and a crispy onion ring, all made from scratch.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/55466b09e4b03724d712a797/t/55dbc356e4b0f52d9d4379cb/1440465752849/unnamed-5.jpg?format=1500w

• Mega Users
No u didnt.. I asked whether the exhaust and suspension off a legacy would fit an outback... In which post did u tell yes they will or no they wont? None.. So **** off with ur smartass comments

Considering they're the same car other than suspension, yes, they will fit. But I'm just a smart ass, so don't listen to me.

again if you want turbo, buy a Legacy GTB or STI TT. You have those options down under that we don't have up here. We have 5 different options for a Turbo platform all from 2002-on. Take advantage of it and buy the better car.

Archived