LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT... Is it worth the price? Help pleaseeee!

Books

The 2.5GT is the wrong car for you.

This. I test drove a 05 LGT when it was brand new and it was out of my range. I waited for it to pop up used 2 years later. After being paid off sooooo many years later, "I'm still paying for it".

Engine #2 and turbo #3 projected this spring/summer time

please please run away from this car. i just dumped 5600 in maintenance to my lgt and it only has 61,500miles these cars need to be well taken care of if you cant buy your car twice don't bother, wait for something with exceptional low miles or buy a non gt you will thank us later,

i just dumped 5600 in maintenance to my lgt and it only has 61,500miles these cars need to be well taken care of if you cant buy your car twice don't bother, wait for something with exceptional low miles or buy a non gt you will thank us later,

LOLWUT?

But yeah, if you don't have some disposable income, get a 2.5i if you want a manual, or a 3.0R if you want a bit more zoom.

As I've said before: if manual 3.0's were available in the US, I'd have gotten one of those.

Don't get me wrong, I adore my LGT, but the car requires so much more attention than anything else I've driven. In a lot of ways it's really rewarding, but it's not what you want in a first car.

Based on my own experiences, an OBD1 honda with a manual is pretty much the perfect first car.

• 1 year later...

Bringing this back... It's over a year later and I currently have three... Found myself a AT LGT with just under 130k, somehow managed to score rao's gem of a LGT sitting at a hair over 60k and spec B #493 with 144k miles. I do not regret any of this one bit. I waited and found exactly what I want. However, I've spent about $22k for all 3 cars and maintenance. Still don't regret a second of it. Planning on selling one of them though. Not sure which one to sell.

Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Jacob.

Congrats, having 3 LGTs beats me having 4 Subarus in the house.

I'd sell the AT one, 5MT and SpecB are rare enough to tolerate keeping 2.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Congrats, having 3 LGTs beats me having 4 Subarus in the house.

I'd sell the AT one, 5MT and SpecB are rare enough to tolerate keeping 2.

That's what I was thinking. It's in good condition. I don't what price to open up with.

Archived