LegacyGT.com

08 Subaru Legacy GT

Zaldon

Debating on getting one. Just want too hear some opnionsfrom those that have this gen. I currently own a 3rd gen (2004 Legacy GT).

Asking price: $13.7k

Some pics of the ride

http://i67.tinypic.com/2ur1irs.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/4j7zoy.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/k55sft.jpg

Wait, forged internals and auto. Something seems off. Make sure the tranny has been modified. Also what turbo does it have?

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

So ford told me that they had brought it to the subaru dealer here in town (I've del with subaru here for a few years now and they are great)

So I decided it would be better to go have a talk with them about it . They told me the guy who had the car put a lot of money into it . The car was originally from the Vancouver area. The original owner sold it to the fellow that traded it in at the Ford dealer. The guy that traded it in didn't have any paperwork with him for any of the parts that were done with the car. They said everything looks solid. Nothing leaks. They weren't sure about what the turbo was off hand. It wasn't stock though, they said pretty much nothing on that car was stock anymore. But they said I should be a bit skeptical. Because no one had any record of how it was ran, who did the work, or why it was traded in. They told me the idle for the car seems off (which I noticed as well with the test drive). They assume it probably just needs a tune done on it but they didn't look into the car a while lot, so that's just their educated guess on the matter.

Pretty much told me that I should see if anyone I know around (or on the forums) may know the car because usually guys will post if they are doing that type of extensive work.

So I'm sitting at, not really knowing the cars mechanical history. Everything seems good, but they don't know if there is an underlining issue that may have prompted a trade in with that car.

So for now I think I'll sit back and see if I can't find anything else about this car.

With a rebuilt motor and unknown/shady history, maybe consider it at $8k-$9k. At almost $14k, this is not the Subaru you're looking for.

I bet the guy that traded it in got less than $7k for it, and was happy to get that, because he likely knew something that you don't. "Cosworth" motors always idle like crap, right? :lol:

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

With a rebuilt motor and unknown/shady history, maybe consider it at $8k-$9k. At almost $14k, this is not the Subaru you're looking for.

I bet the guy that traded it in got less than $7k for it, and was happy to get that, because he likely knew something that you don't. "Cosworth" motors always idle like crap, right? :lol:

Yea. With that kind of money invested, no one just trades it in. The Cosworth block is alot on its own. I'd be skeptical as hell especially if it doesn't have the proper tune.

My high mileage turd.

Scenario 1: PO spends $10k+ on top-shelf motor, doesn't bother with a tune, then trades it in on a new FieST because the Legacy was just too much car for him. Wait, do they make FieST with auto trans? :lol:

Scenario 2: PO abused car, blew up motor, paid a lot of money for an unqualified shop to do a shitty build, realized it was about to blow up again, and then traded it in. Happily took $5k in credit toward a new Fusion, because he doesn't want any more headaches. Didn't even have to ask about the auto trans.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Well apparently the guy traded the car in on a truck.

Yeah the longer I think about it the weirder it is that someone would trade a car like that in for that low of a price with what it has done to it without the guy just wanting to get rid of it quick.

Well apparently the guy traded the car in on a truck.

Yeah the longer I think about it the weirder it is that someone would trade a car like that in for that low of a price with what it has done to it without the guy just wanting to get rid of it quick.

Guaranteed reason is the car has a problem. Dealers usually dont thoroughly check for motor issues so its easy to sucker them but thats also why most dont buy modified cars.

My high mileage turd.

Guaranteed reason is the car has a problem. Dealers usually dont thoroughly check for motor issues so its easy to sucker them but thats also why most dont buy modified cars.

Ding ding ding ding. /Salamanca

Dealer bought this car because it was cheap for them, they aren't stupid. Most dealers won't even test drive trade-ins, since they are probably headed to the auction, anyway. If they pay anything less than or near the going auction price of the car, and they can seal the deal on a new truck sale, they will make the purchase (they're likely making a couple grand on the truck, anyway). The only reason the car isn't at the auction yet is because the dealer is hoping an "enthusiast" will pay high-dollar for it.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

I bought my 2008 Subaru Legacy in September 2014 from a Porsche dealer up in Rhode Island. I wanted something as a daily driver that would be fun to drive and also mod to it to make it more fun to drive. So what i thought was a stock car turned out it was modded and brought back to stock, or what looked like stock. Sooo......the previous owner put on a stock turbo with blown seals, an up pipe that had crack in it, didn't hear it leaking at the time of purchase but the leak gradually got louder over time as i drove it more. What i thought was stock car had 850cc along with upgraded fuel pump. At this point i think im at stage 3 with a rebuilt vf46 turbo, brought the turbo before i discovered the fuel system support. I'm going through an etune with Cryoturne now with Dave, great dude.

So do you think he could take it to a tuner who's familiar with our cars and have them check it out before he buys? Have them do a leak down test and all that stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Archived