LegacyGT.com

Must resist modding...

3) Bought an old Cobb V1 and flashed a Stage 1 tune

There is a reason that Cobb does not support the V1 accessport. You really should not be using it as they are known to Brick ECU's and Cobb will not help you out for cheap. Your best bet is to find a used V2 or V3 but that V1 is just a paper weight now. OR if money is an issue and you don't want to give Cobb all your hard earned dollars Opensource is a much more budget friendly option for tuning.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

There is a reason that Cobb does not support the V1 accessport. You really should not be using it as they are known to Brick ECU's and Cobb will not help you out for cheap. Your best bet is to find a used V2 or V3 but that V1 is just a paper weight now. OR if money is an issue and you don't want to give Cobb all your hard earned dollars Opensource is a much more budget friendly option for tuning.

I'm guessing the issues with bricking the ECU would happen when flashing software?

Car looks great! Like the wheels. Invidia makes a nice DP. Get a catless up. Check the turbo if you are unbolting the pipes. Remove turbo side banjo at least and check for any signs of buildup in the filter or oil leaks in general. Check your oil weekly as these cars like to burn it! Valve cover gaskets are probably weeping and OCVs are probably due for replacement. Check the hoses. These cars really like attention in general. Learn to use the search function here as there is a tremendous amount of extremely useful info here and enjoy!

Car looks great! Like the wheels. Invidia makes a nice DP. Get a catless up. Check the turbo if you are unbolting the pipes. Remove turbo side banjo at least and check for any signs of buildup in the filter or oil leaks in general. Check your oil weekly as these cars like to burn it! Valve cover gaskets are probably weeping and OCVs are probably due for replacement. Check the hoses. These cars really like attention in general. Learn to use the search function here as there is a tremendous amount of extremely useful info here and enjoy!

Thank for the tips...I haven't heard anything about the OCVs yet but i'll keep an eye on those.

When I replaced my timing belt last year I swapped out the up-pipe as well, heard too many horror stories about that. I've been meaning to get the banjo filter out but haven't had time lately. Hopefully I'll get that out in the next couple months, for safety.

Just a down pipe is needed for stage 2. Best bang for your buck with these cars. Bulletproof mod for the intercooler is a smart move. You should also remove your banjo bolt screens (2). Free and necessary reliability mod. Short list is catted down pipe, accessport V3, and a custom tune. Cat-back and intake is optional as they don't cause much restriction at this power level.

Archived