LegacyGT.com

Looking for 5EAT radiator suggestions

My 06 Legacy GT with the 5EAT has a weeping/seeping radiator leak at the top plastic end tank where it clamps with the metal core.

It's not bad and I'm catching it early. What are my options?

Aluminium? Go OEM and maybe have it happen again? Is this fixable now? I think probably not.

I remember suggesting the CSF aluminium radiator with the built in oil cooler that could be used for the ATF. Idk what else I'd need if I go that route.

Thanks again for all of the comments coming. I'm going to talk to my Subaru shop and see what they suggest as well, but I really like the CSF with built in oil cooler option.

1-800-RADIATOR got me my new one for about 110 few years back

I run a tru cool cooler with derale thermostate plumbed according to climberD ideal diagram. trans is happy and healthy stage 3 plus for a while.

these trans rather be warm than cold, over cooling is no good.

Nice to see you have your priorities straight, fix car or watch movie...

I went with the Mishimoto from "Underdog" It's big, does a great job.

I'm not big on using places like rock auto. I like to support those that support this forum. I also get great customer care him and www.AZPinstalls.com.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I've been a bit busy and didn't reply. In the meantime I've been digging through forums and comments for info. I did not ignore the situation.

Underdog is great, I got swaybar bushings through him and everything, especially customer service was top notch.

I'll contact him when I'm off work. I know what radiator to get now, but the trans cooler is where I'm stuck. I don't want to over cool the trans. Plus each cooler has a BTU rating and I'm not sure what is or isn't enough.

I do have some time since it's a very slow seeping leak.

I was looking at the Tru Cool 4452 (which looked good for when it gets hot in Nevada) and 4454 (which I thought was too big to begin with) with the Derale 13011 Thermostat. I saw your reply to my other thread and I definitely don't want to under or overcool the 5EAT. Thanks for the info. I now know what parts to order. Thank you.

Archived