LegacyGT.com

RE92 replacement cost/availability?

mele63

O.K. I've had a bad day and it's too late to search. I cut a sidewall on a 5,000mile RE92. Blessing in disguise? Maybe. Anyhow, to help me decide what to do, anybody know what $ a new RE92 goes for from a dealer?

Please see my post in member classifieds if you happen to have one to sell. Thanks.

Buy one or two used from someone from this site or swap all 4 tires for something better. If you're going to buy new tires, you might as well get something better than RE92s. For the price of a new RE92, there are a ton of better options out there.

I had the same thing happen to me around the same milage!!! Went to Firestone, tried to get it road hazard, they wouldnt. So i tried my tire dealer the shop deals with & it was $160 BUT no warranty. So Firestone $180 for the tire and w/tax out the door was $200 BUT because I bitched they warrantied the new one AND the other 3!!!!! For the life of the tires!! Go in and raise some hell. I know it seems like alot of money for one tire (if u look at it that way) but in a week,month,year a different tire blowes or the new one does and there is no road hazard/or warranty. Thats at LEAST another $160 again + mount & balance if thats not included in the price. Companies rather not deal (road hazard/or warranty) with our tires or other low-pro Z rated tires. As soon the see us pull in, they have to keep good custormer service & lose alot of money with a :)!

Archived