LegacyGT.com

2016 Legacy horn connectors?

I just finished install my hella supertone without using the harness and it works fine,my question is I tap in my trigger wire on the passenger side instead of driver side...both of my stock horns are also hook up still..my question now is does it make any difference tapping trigger wire to either passenger/driver side??thanks

I just finished install my hella supertone without using the harness and it works fine,my question is I tap in my trigger wire on the passenger side instead of driver side...both of my stock horns are also hook up still..my question now is does it make any difference tapping trigger wire to either passenger/driver side??thanks

Not Really but Each Side has its own Fuse so you want to make sure you change it to a 15amp.. The Stock Fuse is 7.5amp.. If you lay on the Horns it will Blow the Fuse because they Draw around 11amps..[emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Not Really but Each Side has its own Fuse so you want to make sure you change it to a 15amp.. The Stock Fuse is 7.5amp.. If you lay on the Horns it will Blow the Fuse because they Draw around 11amps..[emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

i forgot to mention I did use a relay for the hella horns,do I still need to change the fuse?

• 1 month later...
Thanks Pats4Life Big Game Sunday Go Pats

If I keep the oem horns and add the hellas , use the relay for the hellas, will i need to upgrade the fuse from 7 to 15?

no you don't have to change the fuse..

I'm actually going to add another pair of hella horn that I just received today, I will replace the both oem horns using relay also..

Yup excited for Sunday game and nervous:)

• 2 weeks later...
Did you use separate relays?or you just used one relay for all 4?thanks

I used the subispeed harness kit one relay for all 4. To tell you guys the truth i accidentally ordered the harness for the quad kit instead of the standard one. So i scrambled and got 2 more horn real quick and made the rest work.

I used the subispeed harness kit one relay for all 4. To tell you guys the truth i accidentally ordered the harness for the quad kit instead of the standard one. So i scrambled and got 2 more horn real quick and made the rest work.

Ok cool thank you gonna another pair:)

Archived