LegacyGT.com

Stress associated with working on cars...

Scruit

I started in high school with small engine repair 1,2,3 and autos 1,2,3. First big personal projects were a 240sx auto to manual conversion which worked out great when I was 15, my friend who owned the car was 16. And then my 79 Malibu which I swapped out the slant 6 for a SBC 355. Then later on I swapped the intake manifold and carb on the Malibu's 355... put the distributor in 180degrees off(basically backwards), blew flames out of my carb and side pipes and melted a garbage can to my mom's garage wall. The last time I ever got to work in her garage.

I usually don't get stressed when working on cars anymore. But it happens every now and then. And it's more angry than stressed and it fades quickly. About 6 months ago my ABS light came on and my ABS would go off every 10-20 stops even on dry pavement. Common problem on Silverados. So I took the sensors off and broke one while doing. Spent the next hour getting the broken piece out of the hub. So I went and bought 2 new sensors 50 bucks a piece. Cleaned up the mating surface, replaced both sensors. The light went off but I soon realized the problem was 10-20 times worse as the ABS would go off every time I used the brakes. Got out, disconnected the sensors where they mate to the wiring harness and haven't had ABS since. So I wasted 100 dollars and 4 hours and fixed nothing.

Archived