LegacyGT.com

Axle seized in front hub

Doing the hub bearing replacement this weekend.

My axle is definitely seized into the hub bearing. It's not going out and back like it should. Used sledge heat everything...Im just gonna say F it and do the whole axle anyways. Because I don't have access to scrap or anything to build a custom axle pusher thing.

Does anyone know if that axle will just slide through the hub like the rear (saw in YouTube video)seized together and all? It doesn't look real promising and that the only option is to push that axle back out of the hub bearing no matter what. The hole on the hub looks to small to pull it through. But that thing is not going back I've smack and sprayed and smacked and sprayed.

worst case is you have to remove the spindle from the bottom of the strut and take it to a shop.

You'll need to get the front end aligned after you put it back together.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Woooo. Got that thing off.

Went to Sears, bought a Craftsman 7 ton two jaw gear puller. Jack stand for leverage to keep the hub from spinning. Kept cranking and cranking with some heat on that axle and she finally broke loose. Thank God!!! Now to clean the rust up and slap the new one on.

Nope. Put all back together nice and dry for the next guy. :)

Just playing man. I'm putting it back together tomorrow morning. Got a tube of antiseize and some grease ready to go. That was the first thing I learned looong ago. Really helped with the removal of bake hardware this time around since I've done all 4 pretty recently.

Archived