LegacyGT.com

electrical help needed

05 LGT 5EAT Stage2-

ok so after my second time rebuilding the motor ...on initial start up the cooling fans turn on and stay on , aswell as the temp gauge shoots all the way up, just asif the test/flash connectors are plugged in (but their not). Thought it would be loose connections but nope, everything is in its place so i changed the coolant temp sensor ( subaru 24$) with no luck. Checked em with a volt meter to see if the wires wher split from the CTS to the harness and they are intact. Next step a new main fan relay ( subaru 25$).... i have checked on the forum and many say its a common problem and thr is a recall for the main fan relay causing damage to ecu (mainly 05-06 mt turbo models). i have an appointment in a few days with the stealership to see, but i would like to get this problem solved without being raped my the dealer. Any info is much thanked :spin:

If you ever need an ace auto electrician my buddy Gregg is no joke

1-914-645-159one Motorsport Electrical & Interior

Located in Rockland County NY

everything from electrical diag, to complete custom full car harness fabrication.

If the above suggestions don't pan out, try verifying that your grounds are connected properly. There's the big one that goes from the battery negative post to a bellhousing bolt. There's another couple of important medium-sized grounds that bolt up to the rear of the driver side tgv housing on a bracket - see #19 in this pic - easy to miss these!

Possibly also re-seat the big connector on the pass side strut tower going to the engine.

BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

Just did what jm suggested and the fan/temp problem was corrected ty and if u live near northern jersey I'll owe u a 6 pack of yr finest. But now ... I'm getting p0519 which my ap is telling me it's the iacv (throttle body correct?) I removed the tmic to inspect the connection and it's seated fully and ther aren't any torn wires chasing ghosts :confused:

so good news , while working on the car , my buddy was retracing wires to find a break, and we found that the wire in the connector for the CTS fell out of the plastic connection.... we pulled the prongs out of the connector and he soldered it back into place we plugged them back in and i was still getting the temp gauge at max with fans on and -40 degrees on my cobb along with random codes (p0126,p0458,p1718). so we tryed the only CTS and the cobb said 55+ degrees. we installed the old CTS ran the car for a bit (high idle but normal for warm up). we reset the codes put everything back together and reinstalled parts. As of now shes running how she should be!:icon_lol: so the only issue i had was installed the wrong plugs- coolant temp sensor with purge valve sensor, a bad CTS that was new from subaru if i might add.. and a bad connection(wires inside the plastic connector wer no good) for the CTS. after all these problems i still love my subaru lol :lol:

Archived