LegacyGT.com

Forge BOV Valve compatability

Hi

I need to replace my BOV. The stealer wants 130 CDN for the stocker, which is fine, the cars stock and I don't care to modify it much. I read about Forge making a better than stock replacement full recirculation valve but visiting their website their fitment is only for 08+ 2.5 or 2.0L, my LGT is a 2.5, 2005. I am not familiar with compatibility on these two engines as well as some of you may be. I have done some searches but it seems I cant find the answer to this specific question. I just want to keep the application the same but for $135 I am sure there is a better than stock replacement available. I don't want to start a debate I just want to know who still makes/sells a product like this. I intend to keep the stock setup which would be full recirculation.

Thanks in advance

The Forge valve you want is parts number FMWRX3 for the 08+ wrx and BL/BP legacy. This will fit your 05 LGT with no issue. I have been running one for several years. I find it hard to believe that at stock boost levels the oem bpv is going out. I would be much more suspect of the intercooler separating at the connection between the plastic end tanks and aluminum core.

The forge Bypass Valve is a great replacement. Not really needed on a unmodified car, but it should work nonetheless. I'm not sure about fitment on the stock intercooler however. I do run the Forge Valve on my FMS TMIC. Had a slight hood clearance issue but was able to cut the heat blanket to fix it.

@turboboost, I never considered this. I will look at it tomorrow and see if this is the issue,

@gex thanks for the input

I think ill definitely check the intercooler as you both explained, would there be a write-up on this specifying where the common areas for separation occur? To second that, is the separation normally fixed by just securing the metal tabs?

Archived