LegacyGT.com

Is this safe to do?

I have an 05 Limited Wagon that is completely stock. I was changing the oil and always check other fluids and filters etc. I noticed the air filter was gross so I went ahead and got a K&N filter for it. It has the stock air box and everything. I ttok the piece off the front of the air box that curves up and attaches above the grill to have better access to stuff. I ended up just leaving that part off so there's just the open hole on the front of the air box. Is this OK to do? It definitely sounds better when on the throttle!

This eliminates the COLD AIR INTAKE aspect that "snorkel was providing. Put it back on.

Also be cautious not to over oil the filter, apparently they can get residue on the MAF (Mass Air Flow ) Sensor causing issues. There is MAF cleaner and it is a good idea to use on occasion. Rest your ECU when you do so the car can relearn.

The stock intake is good until your in the high 300's WHP.

Both my cars have K&N filters, lightly oiled.

I tend to clean my MAF sensors in late April after winter here in the northeast.

I just cleaned both air filters last Sunday, getting ready for winter.

Learn how to check your oil and always top it off it needed.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Absolutely In the tuning forum check out, this http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/independent-testing-grimmspeed-intake-246447.html Start from the last post and work back, you'll see where he talks about a panel filter and the stock snout.

That's my Tuner, He's someone your going to want to talk with soon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived