LegacyGT.com

Resitor mod?

I have an 05 2.5i with the longer headers with 3 catalytic converters and 5 o2 sensors. It's been still throwing a CEL code on for a po420 code inefficient cat. I bought a used cat for the same exact car. I reused all o2 sensors in it aswell except for one which was a different o2 sensor than this different cat has. Besides that and that the cat had to be rewelded before a cat it seemed fine. Called SoA and it would have been replaced under warranty had it not been tempered with. Someone said cats usually don't go bad it's usually the o2 sensors that go bad?

I heard there is some type of resistor mod where you can trick the emissions system to read itself using an o2?sensor code eliminator or how its done using a resistor half watt in the plug like how people do it for their decatted uppipes?

No I bought it off of a guy locally. In my state it's illegal to buy a used cat. I reused the original sensor off of my old cats also. I took it to a muffler shop and it won't pass a code so they told me a new cat costs $1800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived