LegacyGT.com

Bad cat or o2?

So the car is 2005 LGT 5eat jdm swap (w/ ecu)

So no cel but the ridings from rear o2 look not good - it is showing 0.8-0.9v almost all the time (on idle, on cruising, in acceleration) and its will go to 0 just when i let go the gas

So te quastion is : is it a bad cat or bad o2? Or is ther some thing that i am missing?

More info:

Down pipe got ~ 280k

I dont have a cat in my up pipe

My fuel trim are all in +0.8-2.5 range (all of them was in +8 - +15 when i had a hole in my turbo inlet pipe)

Exepte my fuel trim a (idle) is in +8 - +10 range (i think i have a liak after the throtlle)

The only function of the rear, or secondary, or downstream O2 sensor is to check the function of the catalyst. If it is not setting a CEL then don't worry about it. This sensor does not control fuel trim AT ALL. Only the Front, or Primary, or Upstream sensor contributes to the fuel control scheme.

Note that he is running a JDM ECU. Those ECUs will not light the CEL even with no catalyst.

That doesn't make any sense. Why would they even have a secondary O2 sensor if it doesn't do anything? The only purpose of a downstream O2 sensor is to turn on the CEL.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You, this is your thread. Most us with Tunes have that sensor deleted I think. No sure what you have in your JDM set up. Another reason we say to stay with what we all know here in the USA.

Are you typing this on your cell phone or something ? (spelling errors)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If its an aftermarket DP, I highly doubt its got an issue. If it does, IMO you have something seriously wrong that is causing it to fail.

Send a log to the Tuner and ask for his thought's.

I think Mike has told me the CEL's for those type codes have been deleted.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That doesn't make any sense. Why would they even have a secondary O2 sensor if it doesn't do anything? The only purpose of a downstream O2 sensor is to turn on the CEL.

I know it doesn't make much sense, but that's the way it is. I know this for a fact. I have not disabled any codes for my EJ20Y swap and it never comes up.

The ECUs for the JDM engines have a much more performance oriented tune in them. Much of what people do as a first step with their US ECUs has already been done by the factory on the JDM one.

Archived