LegacyGT.com

How to Fix a Stuck Hatch on LGT Wagon

It's getting colder here and yesterday at the mall I came back to my car only to find the trunk decided it didn't want to open anymore. Well I tried to manipulate the handle a few times while locking and unlocking which sometimes works but no joy. Here is how I fixed the problem when I got home.

1. Crawl into your trunk through the back seat with a flat head screwdriver.

2. Locate the plastic trim piece at the middle bottom of the trunk and use your screwdriver to ply the plastic off from the top middle of the piece.

3. Reach into the door and flip the white lever up (unlocked position)

That's all. This is a super easy solution I just figured I'd post on here in case people begin to run into this with the winter coming. Posted are pictures of the trim panel after being pried off so you can see where the plastic tabs are located and a picture of the bar you need to move.

1.png.b4f36216879885946fd78ec5f4cbfd9b.png

2.thumb.jpg.b8a052deb99d44f98b6e925a3c422198.jpg

Mine is stock right now and I did that with the lever and it still would not open.. but I got it open some how with hitting the lock unlock on my remote.

The outside handle is vary hard to move is that the same with you guy's?

Sounds like you have a different issue. When mine was stuck the handle moved freely but wouldn't catch on anything. Now that you have it open is it still malfunctioning? You might need to do what Max is suggesting.

• 1 month later...

Archived