LegacyGT.com

Don't read the manual... unless you like to be dissapointed

First off, all the lawyer disclaimers literally make it twice as thick as it should be. But then it goes on to show you all the things they didn't put on the Legacy like: MP3 stereo Traction Control disable switch Separate tilt control for moonroof (Wagon only) Homelink transmitter There were others, but I was already starting to cry, Ken PS I did find the 5 different ways it tells you that you are low on gas to be humorous.

At first, I thought Subaru was crazy for creating one single manual to cover their complete Legacy and OB models, then I realized what a great marketing tool it would be for trading up! :D Ken

Yes, I agree on the memory seats, but were they even available on the JDM models? I guess I need to start planning on buying Outback parts soon. I hope some of this stuff will retrofit without much fuss. I'm not buying a new stereo though, I'll just live with burning audio CDs...

Yeah, I think I read somewhere that its in the visor. Its like that on our Lexus. I don't think they could fit it into the mirror, especially with the buttons for the compass and auto dimmer already there. I plan on scoping out the Homelink, moonroof tilt control, and cargo console on the Outback when I go back to the dealer soon.

Hmm . . . according to Gentex, a company that makes rearview mirrors with Homelink built in, they make them for the 2004 Legacy ([url=http://www.gentex.com/pdf/models_and%20_packages_2004my.pdf]pdf file[/url]). I wonder if you could swap it in?

Yeah, there's a discussion about Homelink mirrors here [url]http://www.legacysti.com/viewtopic.php?t=304[/url] But I'm not crazy about getting rid of an option I already paid for, plus I'm hoping the visor part is less than the $250 they want for that mirror. (Well I can hope can't I?!)

[quote name='Ken']But I'm not crazy about getting rid of an option I already paid for, plus I'm hoping the visor part is less than the $250 they want for that mirror. (Well I can hope can't I?!)[/quote] Eh... good points. Thanks for the link to the discussion thread... I felt too lazy to look it up. :)

Archived