LegacyGT.com

Another P0302 Thread

2005 LGT 5MT, 122k All stock other than VF46 turbo

So a few months back I had an issue with P0302, replaced the sparkplug (was in somewhat bad shape), re-seated the coil pack (which was replaced by PO 20k prior) replaced both + and - battery terminals as they were pretty much shot.

Checked for a vac leak, never found one, cleaned the MAF as well. Finally was going to swap injectors and after removing Injector 2 I decided it looked clean and brand new so I put it back in its original place and the problem went away. Now it's about 3 months later and slowly over time the car has been starting to rough idle, slowing getting worse, sudden complete loss of power and then recover about a second later, etc with the the CEL finally coming back this morning on the way to work. Going to try swapping injectors again but any other ideas?

Also from OBDII scanner:

ETC (F): 192

SHRTFT1% 8.6

LONGFT1% 14.8

MAP (inhg) 9.5

RPM 774

VSS 0

SparkADV 10 degrees

IAT (F) 59

MAF (lb/min) 0.466

TP% 14.1

O2B1S2 (v) 0.895

SHRTFTB1S2 % -0.8

All stock other than a VF46 instead of VF40.

• 1 month later...
Ended up replacing injector in the #2 cylinder. The screen came off upon removal from the fuel rail and the larger o-ring had a nasty gash in it that I hadn't seen the last time I yanked the injector. Have put around 400-450 miles on the car since then and so far it's been running great and no CEL issues.

Archived