LegacyGT.com

Tein Flex Z

jonah_ow

I just spoke to TEIN USA, and they said that they are currently back-ordered everywhere! After I asked more about specifically when they'd be back in stock he went on to inform me that the BM/BR chassis (5th) model is be actually being re-designed for the front mount.

Something to do with switching out manufacturers for the pillow ball mount. I asked if there was anything wrong with the current sets that were our for sale, and he stated that "There's nothing wrong with them, the design is just being updated for manufacturing costs"

I've been eying these for a while, and have basically come down to either these, Koni/H&R combo, or Street Flex coilovers.

Apparently according to TEIN, the ONLY difference between the Flex Z and The Street Flex, is that the Street Flex is completely rebuildable...thus they cost more.

Anyone try the Street Flex coilovers?

Thanks for that info!!

To clarify, are the Street Flex being back ordered and being redesigned also? Or is this just the Flex Z?

From my previous company, I know about changing manufactures to save money after launch... it's a common, and often wise practice. but it comes with pit falls.

I have the Tein H-tech + Koni combo and I really like it. But I want height adjust-ability and I want to try the Flex Z, even if it means I ended up selling the FlexZ for a loss (rental fee!) if I prefer the Koni's. Not enough info out there yet, and everyone's butt-shock-dyno is different.

the street flex is in stock. It's in that price range where you may as well spend $'more and get KW's though.

The flex Z's are advertised as being built to accommodate aggressive wheel setups and fitmant. The max drop is 3.5" in the front and 4" in the rear. I think they'll be a comfy street coil, especially when running a not so agressive 17x8 wrx wheel.

This redesign is only covering the Flex Z from what TEIN told me. The Street Flex was replaced by the Flex A. I'm really thinking about the TEIN Street Flex simply because at that price point a fully adjust able twin tube coilover with weather coating is non-existent. You can find the Street Flex for $1100 right now.

The only springs the set comes with are Eibachs. I've always trusted H&R, their springs are quality, and I've never had them sag. However people pair Koni's with TEIN, RCE, and others.

As long as you don't pair them with Swift springs they're good!

So I'm trying to replace the suspension on my 05 Legacy GT... I don't want to sacrifice much right height but would like some stiffer springs.

What you guys recommend going with these or perhaps Bilstein struts?

I have an 05 Legacy GT.

So I'm trying to replace the suspension on my 05 Legacy GT... I don't want to sacrifice much right height but would like some stiffer springs.

What you guys recommend going with these or perhaps Bilstein struts?

I have an 05 Legacy GT.

It depends on what you don't like about the stock suspension. The squat and dive from a stop will still be there on Bilsteins. If you don't care about the ride height though, coils might not be the answer.

Archived