LegacyGT.com

Check Engine Light: P0453, P0447

JWD06OBXT

Driving home tonight and the check engine light and cruise started flashing. Stopped in and had the codes read and threw a P0453 and P0447 code. Not sure where to start with this one. I know from a quick look that it has to do with the evaporation system but not sure what caused it of where to start to get it to go away.

Car is an 06 OBXT 5EAT with 71,000 miles. Only mods are driveline upgrades, bushing, pitch stop mount etc. and it is lowered on Legacy GT KYB's and H&R springs.

I recently within the last week adjusted the power steering belt due to a squeal upon start up and when cold at full lock. The entire rear interior is removed as well for cleaning and addressing annoying rattles within the interior.

Still new to the Outback as I have only had the car for about 7 months. Picture below of my previous car.

Thanks.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=218141&d=1444962283

Sounds like a vent valve is stuck. I'd need to see a diagram but they are usually mounted on or directly next to the charcoal canister. Pop the hood and look at your vacuum diagram for reference.

That will be where I look next if this becomes and issue again. Today I decided to see if filling the car up with gas would maybe make the the CEL go away. The car was just under half a tank when the light originally came on a few days ago. So I filled the car up and drove to the nearest autozone to have the code cleared. And sure enough it didn't come back upon leaving the parking lot like it did when I first had it scanned and cleared.

Ill check back in a few days once the gas level shifts a little bit more. Weird to think that the capacity of the tank would have an effect on the Evap system.

Thanks for the advice.

Archived