LegacyGT.com

Removed my Milk box/Carton and feels like I lost HP

JoeJITSU

I have had it like this for a week and it feels like I lost HP. I was just expecting to have better sounds, which is pretty cool but it seems like the Hot Air of Vegas is trapped down there and I am losing HP. Thoughts? I plan to put my Milk Carton back on as soon as it cools down.

Took mine off when I had the airbox out a week or two ago, because the car's too quiet and I wanted to hear more turbo choo choo noises. Seems to run totally fine, but it really doesn't make things much louder, so I'm putting it back in.

Yes, you lost HP. The stock air box even works better than a non ducted CAI

Indeed!

The reason why, if anyone is wondering, is due to Helmholtz resonance. The whole stock intake system was designed *with* the box/resonator in place and is needed for optimum efficiency.

http://www.brighthubengineering.com/machine-design/84316-how-intake-resonators-improve-volumetric-efficiency/

I gained HP, but only when I could keep the IAT's at bay. Without the milk jug IAT's would spike up higher then with it (I believe this is because the fender well is being majorly polluted by the exhaust).

If your interested in a more detailed version if this, check my post out in the GS intake thread.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived