LegacyGT.com

WTB a 99 legacy

subbie51

Hey guys. Just figured I would post here with a question before buying a legacy I want privately.

went to see the car. good shape. 2 issues according to owner.

1) when filling the tank he said you need to fill slowly. probably a venting issue/ EVAP issue or the neck needs replacing was my thought. the neck itself looks to be in great shape when I put it up. maybe a couple years old.

2) the gauge cluster speedo works only when you turn the light switch all the way on.... then turn it back off. then suddenly the speedo jumps to life and works consistently without failing while the car is being driven. if you start the car and drive it the speedo will not operate until the light switch thing is done. I dont know if the cluster is messed, maybe the sensor on the trans is faulting...

idea's, suggestions, approx. price point to fix... all of your opinions matter and are appreciated.

thanks guys

The cluster should be easy enough to replace, although it sounds like a loose connection or solder joint which wouldn't be uncommon in such an experienced vehicle. I would check the tank vents first there is probably a blocked or damaged vent. You may need to drop the tank down to get to the vent unless someone can chime in on the exact procedure. Iused to have the 99 legacy fsm I will check to see if its still on my HD.

Archived