LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Exhaust Help!!

I just bought a 06 lgt limited 5-spd (very excited). My muffler weld actually broke and I now have 1 muffler and one somewhat straightpipe, and I was looking into getting a invidia q300 CBE. First of all, does this exhaust fit my car? Second, I read that if I have a stock downpipe that I will need to get a OEM downpipe to 3'' exhaust converter for my invidia q300. Those that have a q300 or know about this, do I actually need the converter or am I getting screwed out of $42??

Here are the parts (please let me know if you can get them cheaper elsewhere with fast shipping)

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/product/inv-hs05sl1gt3-invidia-q300-catback-exhaust

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/product/grm-077046-grimmspeed-oem-downpipe-to-3in-cat-back-adapter

Thanks for all input guys!!

Do you also have a tune on it with the new down pipe and exhaust? I was just wondering how my cars reliability and efficiently would be if I didn't get a Cobb access port when I put a Cobb catted down pipe with the q300 exhaust. Thanks

You will need a tune if you change the DP. The aftermarket one has a larger diameter after the turbo causing you to put a lot more boost through and the cat is much farther down. Cat back is debated my tuner told me I would overboost with a catback and stock down pipe but I have earned that they ok are from other sources.

On a side note I believe your 2006 has a catted up pipe. This is a big problem as it could fragrant and destroy your turbo. That is the most important exhaust mod on these cara change that out asap before anything else or do it all together.

Yes, the exhuast will fit, although you might want to get 2 extended exhaust hangers, as even with stiffer stock length ones, ive had some bumper melt from hard turning, just a thought.

The stock DP to 3" catback adapter makes your life easier, as without it, its hard to get a good seal, and you'll probably have an exhaust leak at that point if you don't

Need a tune when doing DP ( and UP) due to less restriction, causing overboost if not tuned, don't need one with a catback. The cobb DP tapers to 2.5" at the end , so you'll need an adapter for that anyhow, or just get a 3" end DP.

you can save your money and get an open source tune if you have a laptop and borrow/buy a tactrix cable, or even better, find a local tuner.

Archived