LegacyGT.com

CR rates 3 Subaru's tops for snow

Just received the new CR mag and found they love the awd in Subaru's! The best was the Outback but they didn't test Legacy.. Does anyone know if the awd system is the same for the Outback and Legacy? Best in snow listed below in order (best listed 1st)

• Subaru Outback
  • Subaru XV Crosstrek
  • Subaru Forester
  • Audi Q5
  • Suburban\Yukon XL
  • Jeep Wrangler
  • Tahoe\Yukon
  • Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • Toyota 4Runner
  • Ford Expedition

Ray

The legacy and outback share the awd system.

Thanks I suspected that. Hard to get a straight answer using Google. Outback I believe has x mode not sure if optional or standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CR has their head up their ass......what did they test in 1 inch of snow?

Dump three + feet down I bet the entire bottom half of that list would be on top......especially the Grand Cherokee.

Would anywhere actually get 3+ feet of snow on the road at one time? Do certain towns and cities never plow in the winter?

My Jeep liberty in 4wd with snow tires was far less capable than my Legacy with snows. And we get a ton of snow in Syracuse. It's not always about ground clearance and vehicle weight.

Would anywhere actually get 3+ feet of snow on the road at one time? Do certain towns and cities never plow in the winter?

My Jeep liberty in 4wd with snow tires was far less capable than my Legacy with snows. And we get a ton of snow in Syracuse. It's not always about ground clearance and vehicle weight.

Well the Liberty isn't on that list, you see?

I owned a Grand Cherokee and the Legacy, nothing stops that Jeep.....and yes we get feet of snow here all the time....road crews here suck.....not to mention the huge pile of snow at the end of my driveway that the Legacy cannot get through.

Had 2 blizzards in less than 7 days last winter with drifts 4' high.. Real nightmare and took 2 days to dig out from 1st one.. No car or Jeep was driving though that much snow! Had to get dug out with a front loader on the 1st storm and backhoe the 2nd storm.. Snow was above the handlebars on the snowblower! I think CR is a great magazine and have subscribed for 20+ years..

OK here's the list of the worst SUVs\Wagons listed from worst(at top of list) to 1st:

• Nissan Juke
  • Nissan Rogue
  • Hyundai Tuscon
  • Nissan Pathfinder
  • Kia Sorrento
  • Infiniti JX/QX60
  • Acura RDX
  • Cadillac SRX
  • Mazda CX-9
  • Mazda CX-5

** This is based on survey of ~48,000 CR subscribers not CR**

Archived