LegacyGT.com

Rear Camber Adjustment Options?

stepinrazor

I know the two options we have are the Whiteline Bushings KCA399 and the adjustable lateral links KTA124.

I have a 2008 Legacy GT with HD Bilsteins and STI Pinks. I love this combo but my tires are wearing prematurely on the inside due to the camber issue in the rear.

I'm considering from least to most expensive:

1. Saggy Butt Spacer - I think if i can raise the rear a bit the camber will improve just slightly - $30

2. Rear Camber Bushing - this one is gonna require more work (press) but it's not too bad - $60

3. Lateral Links - this one's a bit too much for what I want to do.

So my question to the LGT community is what has everyone else done and how's it worked out?

Who sells the Saggy Butt Spacers and Whiteline Camber bushing locally here in Socal that I can pick up from?

• Moderators

IMO, maybe don't bother with the rear camber bushings. I've heard mixed reviews from shops that don't know how to work them and also of them not holding their settings appropriately.

Saggy but spacers if that's what does it for you could work I guess, but I would personally just bite the bullet and go with the whiteline links and be done with it. You'll be able to adjust for toe and camber to reduce tire wear.

Or maybe just buy really cheap tires and call it good ;) (don't do that...)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

The thing with the bushings is that you have to pull the wheel off to adjust them. My alignment guy does mostly modified cars, so he could handle it, but he did curse the design. Measure, raise car enough to remove wheel, lower car back to with wheel height, measure (different tool), adjust, raise, put wheel back on, lower, measure. Cross fingers he doesn't have to iterate.

Archived